Mother and daughter hurt in house blaze
9:07am Monday 11th February 2013 in Local
A MOTHER and daughter suffered burns in a house fire thought to be caused by cigarette.
Another woman in her 50s was rescued by firefighters from the blaze in Hollinhurst Road, Radcliffe, at about 3.30am yesterday.
The mother, in her 40s, and her daughter, aged six, had escaped the semi-detached house before help arrived.
All three were treated for burns and smoke inhalation by paramedics before the mother and daughter were taken to hospital.
The fire is thought to have been caused by burning cigarette left in the living room. Smoke detectors were fitted in the house but the batteries were not working. The living room was destroyed.
A fire spokesman said: “If people choose to smoke indoors they should make sure they have smoke detectors and that the batteries are working.”
For a free Home Safety Check, call 0800 555815.
Comments are closed on this article.