Drunk man rescued after falling asleep while cooking
11:10am Sunday 1st September 2013 in NW
A DRUNK man was rescued from his house after falling asleep while cooking.
Firefighters were called to a house on James Street in Atherton when neighbours heard the smoke alarm going off.
The man had left a saucepan of pasta on the hob which had boiled dry and filled his house full of smoke.
Simon Wood, watch manager at Atherton Fire Station said: “He was lucky that he had not turned on the back ring where there was a large pan of used chip oil. If that had caught fire, he probably wouldn’t be alive now.
Fire crews dragged the man out and cleared his house of smoke on August 26 at around 4pm.
“I would advise people to consider a takeaway if they have had a drink,” said Mr Wood.
Comments are closed on this article.