Burnley oven caught fire
7:04pm Monday 7th October 2013 in NW
AN OVEN caught fire at a Burnley home.
Firefighters were called to Gannow Lane at around 6.30pm on Saturday where they discovered a fault with the appliance meant gas was continuing to flow.
A man in his 20s, who was living in the house with his family, had thrown water over the oven to put out the flames, however gas was still coming from it when the crews arrived.
Watch manager Steve Harrison said: “They could not turn it off because it was damaged.
“We came along and turned off the gas primarily and then disconnected the oven and removed it from the property.
“Because of the fitting, we were able to turn the gas back on.
“There was not a great deal of damage.”
Comments are closed on this article.