Pupils taught dangers of fireworks with live demonstration
6:50am Wednesday 30th October 2013 in NW
A SCIENCE club have been warned of the dangers of fireworks by a live demonstration.
Year seven pupils from Fred Longworth High School in Tyldesley were reminded of the need to stay safe on bonfire night by Rev Julian Hartley, aka Rocket Rev, a pyro-technician.
As part of the Nowt2do Project, the science club has been learning about bubbles, bangs and burning that covers firework safety.
Rebecca Edwards, progress manager for science at the school, said: “The students were definitely shocked at the damage that fireworks can do and the demonstration of a firework being aimed at a school shirt really got the message home of how dangerous fireworks can be.
“Hopefully the students took away that firework are very dangerous and need to be treated with respect but are also fun and beautiful when used correctly.”
Rev Hartley recommends visiting www.UKFR.com for tips on how to enjoy fireworks safely.
Comments are closed on this article.