Boy, 10, alerts family to Bacup bedroom fire
A TEN-YEAR-OLD boy alerted his family to a fire in his bedroom this morning.
Firefighters believe the small blaze in Burnley Road, Bacup, could have been sparked by a faulty electrical item.
They also said the boy’s mum ‘did exactly the right thing’ by closing the bedroom door and getting her two children out the house quickly.
Two fire crews were able to contain the fire to the bedroom after being called at 6.54am.
There was smoke damage to the bedroom, while a mattress and some bed clothes were destroyed.
No one was injured.
Comments are closed on this article.