Bolton beer on sale in House of Commons

Bolton beer on sale in House of Commons

The Houses of Parliament

First published in Politics The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , politics reporter

MP for Bolton North East David Crausby does not have to go far for a taste of home — as there is a Bolton-brewed ale on tap at the House of Commons bar.

Flat Cap, created by Bank Top Brewery is currently tickling MPs’ tastebuds at the Parliament bar.

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:26am Fri 7 Mar 14

Jim271 says...

Subsidised by us the poor taxpayers,

whilst we are paying more and getting less its good to know our MPs are still milking the system.

Makes me wonder who the real scroungers are?
Subsidised by us the poor taxpayers, whilst we are paying more and getting less its good to know our MPs are still milking the system. Makes me wonder who the real scroungers are? Jim271
  • Score: 9

12:00pm Fri 7 Mar 14

MrBenggo says...

How very true Jim
How very true Jim MrBenggo
  • Score: 2

12:54pm Fri 7 Mar 14

Beyond News Forum says...

Also Jim do not forget to add that it is those same people that are trying to clamp down on alcohol. Oh the elites like to play games... I hope you are all learning something.

BTW well said.
Also Jim do not forget to add that it is those same people that are trying to clamp down on alcohol. Oh the elites like to play games... I hope you are all learning something. BTW well said. Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 5

2:45pm Fri 7 Mar 14

John Edwards says...

As usual there are "Them and us, what's yours is mine and what's mine is my own". It does not say how much their drink is. I also believe that smoking is allowed in the house of commons rooms. (I don't smoke, but). There are more in there than there is in Strangeways. Remember, elections are just around the corner.
As usual there are "Them and us, what's yours is mine and what's mine is my own". It does not say how much their drink is. I also believe that smoking is allowed in the house of commons rooms. (I don't smoke, but). There are more in there than there is in Strangeways. Remember, elections are just around the corner. John Edwards
  • Score: 3

2:47pm Fri 7 Mar 14

miroku says...

Yep, bet there's no chance of a 50p minimum per unit of alcohol in the House of Commons bars.
Yep, bet there's no chance of a 50p minimum per unit of alcohol in the House of Commons bars. miroku
  • Score: 2

3:32pm Fri 7 Mar 14

goldie47 says...

well subsidised....as usual.......
well subsidised....as usual....... goldie47
  • Score: 2

4:53pm Fri 7 Mar 14

heaton watcher says...

You all make me sick. It's £3.75 a pint in the Stangers' Bar - I know because I've been there! I would hardly call that subsidised and it's great publicity for a superb Bolton company, employing local people.
You all make me sick. It's £3.75 a pint in the Stangers' Bar - I know because I've been there! I would hardly call that subsidised and it's great publicity for a superb Bolton company, employing local people. heaton watcher
  • Score: -2

6:38pm Fri 7 Mar 14

BWFC71 says...

heaton watcher wrote:
You all make me sick. It's £3.75 a pint in the Stangers' Bar - I know because I've been there! I would hardly call that subsidised and it's great publicity for a superb Bolton company, employing local people.
Well said Heaton...

Just think the publicity, the free advertising and if popular how much a great Bolton brewery can make from the MP's.

As you say it is hardly subsidised when you can go to a bar in Bolton and pay between £2.50 and £4.50 for a pint!!!!


As for the poster who said that the elections are just around the corner - next year are the General elections but do you think that the so-called subsidy will disappear if the current Government is voted out???
[quote][p][bold]heaton watcher[/bold] wrote: You all make me sick. It's £3.75 a pint in the Stangers' Bar - I know because I've been there! I would hardly call that subsidised and it's great publicity for a superb Bolton company, employing local people.[/p][/quote]Well said Heaton... Just think the publicity, the free advertising and if popular how much a great Bolton brewery can make from the MP's. As you say it is hardly subsidised when you can go to a bar in Bolton and pay between £2.50 and £4.50 for a pint!!!! As for the poster who said that the elections are just around the corner - next year are the General elections but do you think that the so-called subsidy will disappear if the current Government is voted out??? BWFC71
  • Score: -1

9:25pm Fri 7 Mar 14

MrBenggo says...

BWFC71 wrote:
heaton watcher wrote:
You all make me sick. It's £3.75 a pint in the Stangers' Bar - I know because I've been there! I would hardly call that subsidised and it's great publicity for a superb Bolton company, employing local people.
Well said Heaton...

Just think the publicity, the free advertising and if popular how much a great Bolton brewery can make from the MP's.

As you say it is hardly subsidised when you can go to a bar in Bolton and pay between £2.50 and £4.50 for a pint!!!!


As for the poster who said that the elections are just around the corner - next year are the General elections but do you think that the so-called subsidy will disappear if the current Government is voted out???
Oh yes,MPs drink it,it must be good.
[quote][p][bold]BWFC71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]heaton watcher[/bold] wrote: You all make me sick. It's £3.75 a pint in the Stangers' Bar - I know because I've been there! I would hardly call that subsidised and it's great publicity for a superb Bolton company, employing local people.[/p][/quote]Well said Heaton... Just think the publicity, the free advertising and if popular how much a great Bolton brewery can make from the MP's. As you say it is hardly subsidised when you can go to a bar in Bolton and pay between £2.50 and £4.50 for a pint!!!! As for the poster who said that the elections are just around the corner - next year are the General elections but do you think that the so-called subsidy will disappear if the current Government is voted out???[/p][/quote]Oh yes,MPs drink it,it must be good. MrBenggo
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree