LITTLE Lever have got one eye on making an impact on the top places in the Premier Division in the second half of the season.

The Mytham Road men won their second successive game on Saturday, coasting to a 4-2 home victory over Hesketh Casuals.

They remain under the radar in eighth place, but are only three points off fourth spot and have games in hand on all but one of the teams above them.

“We’re not doing too badly at present,” said manager Lee Buckley.

“Hesketh aren’t the strongest team we’ve played and we won fairly comfortably, and we had a decent win last week.

“We’ve got quite a few games in hand on people and aren’t too far off the pace at the top.

“Hopefully we can go on a run similar to Old Bolts did in the first half of the season and that would take us right up the league.”

Bingham brothers Scott and Andy combined for the opener on 15 minutes, the latter crossing for the former to score with a header.

Hesketh levelled before the break before Andy Bingham got another assist on the hour with a backheel for Lee Valentine to score with a side-footed volley.

Matt Woods doubled the margin on 70 minutes and substitute Simon Smith put the result beyond doubt two minutes later when he beat his man and fired an instoppable shot into the top corner before Hesketh grabbed a late consolation.

Castle Hill showed their quality then had to show their resilience in a 4-2 victory Bolton derby victory over Horwich Victoria.

In their first game for six weeks, the Tonge Moor men romped into a 3-0 half-time lead which justified their second-place league position.

But after Jordan Coop pulled one back for Vics 10 minutes into the second half, the tide turned.

It was one-way traffic for 20 minutes during which Castle Hill were grateful their keeper Scott Longworth had pulled off a brilliant first-half penalty save from Sam Parkinson when the score was already 3-0.

“We hit the bar a couple of times and were really pushing for another,” said Vics joint manager Danny Holmes.

“Then we made a mistake at the back, they scored a fourth and it was all over.”

Matty Keating grabbed that fourth on 75 minutes with a lob over the keeper before Parkinson got Horwich’s second with a free kick.

Earlier, Neil Holmes smashed in Castle’s opener, Lee Smith scored the second with a neat dink over the onrushing keeper, and Rob Walsh fired in the third, all inside 35 minutes.

Castle Hill manager Rob Rostron praised both sides of his team’s game.

“We were excellent first half and the lads dug in in the second when we were really under the cosh,” he said.

Nick Mullineux missed a glorious chance to win the game for Howe Bridge Mills at Bury GSOB with the very last kick of the game.

He latched on to a superb lay-off from Shaun Farrimond, rounded the keeper and fired into the side netting.

Bury went ahead on five minutes and sub Farrimond levelled with a volley on the hour after Dave Hogan chased down a seemingly lost cause and crossed for Martin Parkinson to nod down.