WANDERERS were denied a priceless three points by a late Martyn Woolford goal at The Den.

Lukas Jutkiewicz had given Dougie Freedman’s struggling side a first half lead and then had a chance to double it from the penalty spot with 13 minutes to go.

But just five minutes after David Forde had saved the spot kick, Woolford turned in an equaliser from close range to give the Lions a share of the spoils.

Neither side started the game in a particularly positive fashion but Wanderers nevertheless found themselves ahead on 15 minutes when Chris Eagles swung the ball in from the left towards Lukas Jutkiewicz and the on-loan striker provided the most subtle of glances with his head to send the ball inside David Forde’s post.

Millwall were spurred on after going behind and heaven knows how they did not draw level in a sustained 20-minute spell after the goal.

Alex Baptiste’s weak header presented a chance for Martyn Wollford to turn into an unguarded goal only for David Wheater to make a sensational clearance on the line.

Just five minutes later it was Baptiste’s turn to bail out Adam Bogdan, whose poor punch had gifted an opportunity to Ed Upson on the edge of the area.

Shots were being charged down left, right and centre with the home crowd calling for a penalty on one occasion as Wheater put his body on the line on the edge of the area.

Wanderers’ lack of craft was frustrating at times, although once again, Jutkiewicz’s effort up front was admirable.

However, their luck, for a change, was holding and while Millwall had made much of the play in the first 45 minutes, Within a few minutes of the restart it could have been two for Wanderers as Chris Eagles curled a free kick round the wall from 20 yards out and bounced the ball off the base of the post with David Forde beaten.

Millwall continued to carve out half-chances and really went for broke when Ian Holloway made a triple substitution to take his attacking line to four strikers.

It left them susceptible on the break and had the linesman not ruled Baptiste offside, he would have bagged the goal of the season award for sure when he finished calmly after a brilliant move.

The Londoners continued to turn the screw and Bogdan was forced into a brilliant save from Woolford’s snap shot, Malone going close with his follow up from the edge of the box.

But with 13 minutes remaining Wanderers got a golden opportunity to wrap the game up completely. Davies swung a cross into the penalty box and referee Simon Hooper spotted a handball from former Whites defender Danny Shittu.

Jutkiewicz picked up the ball but his effort, in truth, was a poor one and Forde made a relatively simple save.

Five minutes later and that miss looked so, so costly.

Freedman had brought Zat Knight on as an extra defender – but no sooner had he done so, Millwall got the goal they wanted.

Bogdan made another miraculous stop to block Simeon Jackson’s close range blast but the rebound spun out to Woolford to squeeze home from the angle.

Even after the equaliser Wanderers had a brief chance to win it.

Spearing got round Forde but could not get a shot in on goal. Danns then followed up – but as he looked to pass into the net, Fredericks got back with a fine challenge.