LiveMATCHDAY LIVE: Wanderers 2 v Watford 0

First published in Sport
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , sports writer

This live event has finished

5:44pm

And that concludes todays live coverage, make sure to check out the match report online now.

5:42pm

Overall Freedman was very pleased with his defensive display and Sannino was very apologetic in his teams performance

5:40pm

GS: "I was thinking to change the system during half-time because we was two nil down and we had to recover and do better the second-half"

5:37pm

GS: "I would like to win every game but if the scores say that then we have two faces.  At home we are able to cope with difficulties but away we have to fix something"

5:33pm

GS: "We did choose to play higher... I did think this was the problem as it allowed more space in behind us"

5:32pm

GS: " I take all the responsibility for today"

5:31pm

GS: "I am disappointed also but we will forget todays game, and also not forget todays game because we did a lot of mistake"

5:29pm

GS: "I would like to say sorry to all the people from Watford that came here to watch the game"

5:29pm

GS: "I know that it is not possible, but if it would be possible I would like to replay the game now"

5:28pm

Giuseppe Sannino has entered the press room with Marco Cesarini translating...

5:27pm

That concludes Freedman's presser

5:24pm

DF: "His shoulder popped out and we have popped it back in so we just have to wait and see what the damage is"

5:23pm

DF: "Pratley is off to hospital tonight"

5:22pm

DF: "When ever we were asked a question we were very solid"

5:21pm

DF: "Medo Kamara and Jay Spearing were fantastic in midfield"

5:21pm

DF: "I think we defended very well and that gives you the opportunity to get some goals"

5:20pm

DF: "We worked very hard today to keep that clean sheet"

5:20pm

DF: "I was very satisfied today"

5:20pm

Dougie Freedman has entered the press room

5:18pm

And finally Connor Wilkinson played the full 90 minutes for Torquay, who were defeated 1-0 by Accrington Stanley

5:17pm

Sanmi Odelusi made his MK Dons debut from the bench with 11 minutes to go, as they lost 1-0 away at Bradford

5:16pm

Tom Eaves played the full 90 for Shrewsbury as they came from two down to win 3-2 at Notts County

5:14pm

On the loan front, Craig Davies played 76 minutes for Preston in their 2-1 away win at Colchester.

5:04pm

But in the meantime, check out David Pye's match report by clicking the link here

5:00pm

Stay tuned for all the latest from the post-match press conference

4:57pm

The referee brings the game to an end and Bolton run out winners by two goals to nil.  Mason and Jutkiewicz the goalscorers.

4:56pm

Faraoni is shown the yellow card as he shows his displeasure with Ream's tactic of shielding the ball

4:54pm

Now Ream wins a free-kick as he attempted to shield the ball in the corner

4:54pm

Bolton now have Watford on the back-foot, boxing them in their own penalty area

4:53pm

Danns smashes the ball straight into the wall

4:52pm

Trotter is foulded two-yards outside the penalty area and Angella is cautioned for his troubles

4:51pm

Not quite sure where he got six minutes from, none the less Watford chances have been limited for the the previous 90 minutes

4:50pm

There will be a minimum six minutes added time

4:49pm

Jutkiewicz wins a free-kick in the opposition half to relieve some pressure

4:49pm

Wheater again heads a long ball clear

4:49pm

Mills and Wheater stand strong as the Bolton box is bombarded with crosses

4:46pm

Mason is replaced by Trotter as Freedman looks to shut up shop

4:45pm

Only five minutes remaining for the Wanderers to see out and record their first victory since Boxing Day

4:43pm

Jutkiewicz's quick turn of pace gets him to the byline and he cuts the ball back to Spearing but he attempts one pass too many and Watford manage to clear

4:41pm

Bogdan beats Ranegie in the air to collect Anya's cross

4:39pm

Chungy replaces Davies, who goes off to a standing ovation

4:38pm

Wheater beats Deeney to Anya's cross and clears the danger

4:36pm

Mason burst through one-on-one with Almunia but he struck his shot straight at the goalkeeper

4:35pm

Ream clears Anya's cross before Ranegie sent a dipping volley straight down the throat of Bogdan

4:33pm

Jutkiewicz is caught offside flicking on Masons lofted pass

4:32pm

Wanderers clear the corner and launch a counter-attack with Mason

4:32pm

Mills re-enters the frame, not as serious as it first looked

4:31pm

Great to see Mills up on his feet and jogging off to the touchline

4:30pm

This looks worrying for Bolton, Mills is down holding his knee after stretching to clear Murray's dangerous cross

4:29pm

Murray send a piledriver in at goal and Bogdan does extremely well to save and hold

4:28pm

Jutkiewicz flicks the ball down to Danns who rushes his effort over the crossbar

4:27pm

Danns hogging the ball on the left channel producing some very flamboyant tricks 

4:26pm

The corner is cleared easily

4:25pm

Mills denies Deeney a shot on goal with a superb sliding tackle to turn the ball behind for a corner 

4:24pm

Danns dances past a number of defenders and wins a corner

4:23pm

Ranegie prods wide follwoing Wheaters tackle on Deeney

4:22pm

Danns nutmegs a defender and Mason gets another dangerous cross in that is cleared by Angella

4:20pm

Battocchio and Ranegie replace Merkel and Park

4:19pm

Jutkiewicz revived the attack with a cross from the right and Danns attempted the spectacular but his acrobatic effort was saved by Almunia

4:19pm

Danns gets to the byline and cuts the ball back for Davies but he failed to direct his effort goalwards from six-yards

4:18pm

Bolton clear the corner and Davies wriggles out of a tricky spot in the middle of the park

4:17pm

A combination of Wheater and Mills deal with Deeney in a dangeroys area, Medo mops up and puts the ball behind for a corner

4:16pm

Medo's free-kick brushes the roof of the net 

4:15pm

Danns is dragged to the ground by Ekstrand who recieves a yellow card for his protests

4:14pm

Mason dropped the shoulder on Murray before delivering another teasing ball across the six-yard box that had to be dealt with by Angella

4:11pm

Mason drove down the left channel and into the box before being dispossessed by Angella

4:09pm

Ream produces a solid tackle down the left and wins a throw-in off Park

4:08pm

15,179 is todays official attendance

4:08pm

Pudil replaces the injured Cassetti

4:07pm

The corner is cleared amid tame shouts of handball, the referee is having none of it

4:06pm

And from kick-off Bolton nearly grab a third! They lump the ball upfield to Mason who drills the ball across the six-yard box and Faraoni turns it behind for a corner!

4:05pm

Bolton get the second half underway

3:49pm

The referee brings the first-half to an end, drawing a standing ovation from the Wanderers supporters

3:48pm

In the mist of all the celebratory music the fourth official indicated there will be a minimum of two minutes added time

3:47pm

The goal came out of nothing as Danns' header dropped behind the Watford back line and Mason was the quickest to react, latching onto the loose ball and clinically dispatching beyond Almunia

3:46pm

Mason doubles Bolton's lead!

3:43pm

Bolton are enjoying majority of the possession without really threatening 

3:41pm

And Wheater rises highest but couldn't keep his header down

3:41pm

Ream to deliver from the left channel

3:41pm

Davies is fouled five-yards outside the box after some neat link up play between himself and Jutkiewicz

3:38pm

Spearing's corner is hooked clear by Murray

3:38pm

Jutkiewicz fires a shot against Ekstrand and the Wanderers have a corner

3:36pm

Jutkiewicz slides Spearings low free-kick home from six-yards to give Bolton the lead

3:35pm

Jutkiewicz scores for Bolton!

3:35pm

Jutkiewicz has the ball in the net but was flagged offside, Medo was fouled in the build-up so the referee rightly brings play back for a free-kick to Bolton down the right-hand side

3:33pm

Murray fires a shot high and wide from 25-yards

3:32pm

Wheater then heads the resulting corner clear

3:32pm

Wheater tackles Deeney and puts the ball behind for a corner

3:30pm

Danns' cross from the left is caught by Almunia

3:29pm

Jutkiewicz heads Ream's free-kick straight at Almunia

3:27pm

Tozser smashes the wall with the free-kick and strikes wide at the second attempt

3:27pm

Medo having to make that challenge as Ream was beaten too easily

3:27pm

Medo slides in late on Faraoni one-yard outside the box and is cautioned

3:26pm

Faraoni finds himself in space in the box and thunders an effort straight at Bogdan 

3:25pm

Tozser attempts a clever free-kick which is read by Davies who leaves his position in the wall to intercept

3:24pm

Pratley looks to have taken a knock and is replaced by Danns

3:24pm

Medo trips Anya 30-yards out, free-kick Watford

3:22pm

Impressive movement so far from the Bolton front two, creating all sorts of space for each other and the deep runs of Pratley and Davies

3:21pm

Jutkiewicz heads Davies' deep cross into the hands of Almunia

3:20pm

Baptiste fails to keep Jutkiewicz's clever through ball in play and Watford have a goalkick

3:19pm

Really bright start from Mason who could easily have a hat-trick already!

3:18pm

Mason directs Ream's corner into the hands of Almunia

3:18pm

Mills puts Mason in over the top one-on-one and the attacker rounds Almunia before Faraoni denies him with an exceptional sliding tackle

3:16pm

And Bogdan punches the resulting corner clear to Mason who carries the ball all the way to the Watford penalty area before drawing a last-ditch tackle from Angella

3:15pm

What a save by Bogdan!! He manages to get two strong hands behind the ball to keep out Deeney's header from point-blank range!

3:13pm

Mason heads Ream's corner over the crossbar

3:13pm

In that position Mason should not have left the goalkeeper with any chance

3:12pm

Glorious opportunity for Mason! Brilliant build-up play by Davies skipping past a numebr of challenges at the edge of the area before sliding in the forward who struck the ball hard and low but Almunia's legs keeps the game level

3:10pm

Jutkiewicz is adjudged to have pushed Angella in the back as he brought down Mills' long ball 12-yards out

3:08pm

Wheater shepherds the corner out for a goalkick

3:07pm

A dangerous delivery forces Baptiste to turn it behind for a corner

3:07pm

Davies brings Faraoni down wide left of the Bolton penalty area, free-kick Watford

3:05pm

Jutkiewicz bursts into the Watford box but his heavy touch allows Almunia the chance to rush off his line and collect the ball

3:05pm

Mills sends a long ball forward but it is too much for Jutkiewicz and it runs through to Almunia

3:02pm

4-4-2 for Bolton, Davies on the left of midfield, Medo & Spearing centre, Pratley right

3:01pm

Watford get the first half underway

2:58pm

Both sides are out and going through their pre-match rituals

2:47pm

A little over 10 minutes to kick-off as the Wanderers head in for their final preparations

2:32pm

Firstly they stretched in a square formation instead of their usual circle, now they are sprinting widths of the pitch - could be something of nothing - could be a key change in mental preparation

2:29pm

Not sure if there is any significance in the changing of the warm-up routine that the Wanderers are conducting

2:25pm

"There is a real determined mood in and around the training ground and players at present."

2:24pm

"There is alot of hard work going on behind the scenes and rest assured that everyone is pulling in the same direction for the good of our club."

2:23pm

"We need to convert these should have and could have moments into actual positive outcomes"

2:22pm

"The last two home games have been a case of what might have been for us.  A draw against Burnley and a win against Bournemouth would not have been unfair"

2:21pm

Dougie Freedman has the following to say in his programme notes;

2:19pm

A victory today would see Bolton complete their first double of the season after seeing off the Hornets 1-0 thanks to a Jermaine Beckford goal back in November

2:16pm

Chu-Young Park starts for Watford - the last time the South Korean faced the Wanderers he scored the winner for Arsenal in October 2011

2:11pm

WFC subs: Bond, Belkalem, Doyley, Hoban, Battocchio, Pudil, Ranegie

2:10pm

WFC starting XI: Almunia; Angella, Cassetti, Ekstrand; Faraoni, Merkel, Tozser, Murray, Anya; Deeney, Park

2:09pm

One change in total for the Whites; Mason is thrown straight into the mix to replace Eagles

2:08pm

Can only pressume Medo and Spearing will be the central of the four

2:08pm

Very interesting in the midfield with no out-and-out wingers

2:07pm

So Freedman sicks to his guns and plays the two up front

2:06pm

BWFC subs: Lonergan, Knight, Danns, Eagles, Lee, Trotter, Hall

2:06pm

BWFC starting IX: Bogdan, Wheater, Mills, Ream, Baptiste, Spearing, Medo, Davies, Pratley, Jutkiewicz, Mason

2:04pm

I think the big question lingering over the Reebok today will be how many strikers Freedman chooses to field

2:02pm

Good afternoon folks, we are expecting team news shortly

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:25pm Sat 22 Feb 14

liss white says...

Big game today and fancy us to sneak it 2-1. On another matter, disappointed to read that the Dyrestram deal as fallen through. Whilst I fully understand that we dont have that sort of money, the cynic in me asks didn't we know that at the start and is this just another example of the PR machine working hard to keep the fans happy that we are trying to sign a left back?!?
Big game today and fancy us to sneak it 2-1. On another matter, disappointed to read that the Dyrestram deal as fallen through. Whilst I fully understand that we dont have that sort of money, the cynic in me asks didn't we know that at the start and is this just another example of the PR machine working hard to keep the fans happy that we are trying to sign a left back?!? liss white
  • Score: 5

2:57pm Sat 22 Feb 14

boltonnut says...

Two up front,I didn't know Dougie Eff.could count that high.COYWM do it for the fans.
Two up front,I didn't know Dougie Eff.could count that high.COYWM do it for the fans. boltonnut
  • Score: -2

3:01pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liam bwfc says...

Two more loan players starting. Can't see any team spirt when we always have loan players playing.
Two more loan players starting. Can't see any team spirt when we always have loan players playing. Liam bwfc
  • Score: -38

3:34pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

I greee with Lisa, how come we didn't know the financial situation before Dymitri or whatever he's called trial ! Another sham loci managerial farce. STILL no left back !
I greee with Lisa, how come we didn't know the financial situation before Dymitri or whatever he's called trial ! Another sham loci managerial farce. STILL no left back ! Liamdog
  • Score: -34

3:41pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liam bwfc wrote:
Two more loan players starting. Can't see any team spirt when we always have loan players playing.
Like we've never had loan players in the team, eh?
[quote][p][bold]Liam bwfc[/bold] wrote: Two more loan players starting. Can't see any team spirt when we always have loan players playing.[/p][/quote]Like we've never had loan players in the team, eh? JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 40

3:43pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liamdog wrote:
I greee with Lisa, how come we didn't know the financial situation before Dymitri or whatever he's called trial ! Another sham loci managerial farce. STILL no left back !
Gothenburg could've waived the fee, or negotiated getting cash at a later date, but when it came to the crunch and negotiations kicked off they wanted the dev. fee up front. Not the fault of DF at all that one, pick holes elsewhere.
[quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: I greee with Lisa, how come we didn't know the financial situation before Dymitri or whatever he's called trial ! Another sham loci managerial farce. STILL no left back ![/p][/quote]Gothenburg could've waived the fee, or negotiated getting cash at a later date, but when it came to the crunch and negotiations kicked off they wanted the dev. fee up front. Not the fault of DF at all that one, pick holes elsewhere. JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 35

3:49pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Two loan players have scored! Shocking! Don't they realise they're not supposed to be putting any passion or effort into playing for us?!
Two loan players have scored! Shocking! Don't they realise they're not supposed to be putting any passion or effort into playing for us?! JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 32

4:18pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season,
Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.
Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season, Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet. Liamdog
  • Score: -24

4:23pm Sat 22 Feb 14

boltonnut says...

Why is Ream takings corners?..........JU
ST A QUESTION.
Why is Ream takings corners?..........JU ST A QUESTION. boltonnut
  • Score: -4

4:30pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liamdog wrote:
Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season,
Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.
This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off!
The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue!
[quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season, Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.[/p][/quote]This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off! The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue! JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 25

4:45pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

JustaBloke2000 wrote:
Liamdog wrote:
Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season,
Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.
This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off!
The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue!
Some don't support, some will be sat in an armchair as we speak rather than down here supporting the team!
How can business in the real world and the football world be two different matters, I suggest you ask any Portsmouth Director are the two connected! What sort of management would expect Gothenburg not to want a development fee ? Had the roles been reversed would we not!
I don't recall slack of passion from the fans at Wembley on that disastrous day or the lack of passion at this seasons away games.
[quote][p][bold]JustaBloke2000[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season, Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.[/p][/quote]This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off! The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue![/p][/quote]Some don't support, some will be sat in an armchair as we speak rather than down here supporting the team! How can business in the real world and the football world be two different matters, I suggest you ask any Portsmouth Director are the two connected! What sort of management would expect Gothenburg not to want a development fee ? Had the roles been reversed would we not! I don't recall slack of passion from the fans at Wembley on that disastrous day or the lack of passion at this seasons away games. Liamdog
  • Score: -13

5:01pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liamdog wrote:
JustaBloke2000 wrote:
Liamdog wrote:
Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season,
Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.
This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off!
The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue!
Some don't support, some will be sat in an armchair as we speak rather than down here supporting the team!
How can business in the real world and the football world be two different matters, I suggest you ask any Portsmouth Director are the two connected! What sort of management would expect Gothenburg not to want a development fee ? Had the roles been reversed would we not!
I don't recall slack of passion from the fans at Wembley on that disastrous day or the lack of passion at this seasons away games.
Some of us work Saturdays, if you feel like playing that card. Some of us are also based 300+ miles away.
As for business practices, I suggest you look at the process of buying/signing players with the myriad of clauses, pay-off schemes and the like as well as transfer windows and compensation pay-offs and the many other things that come into play and tell me that they work just like any other business?
Dyrestram is unattached - we didn't even have to deal with Gothenburg until it came to cash being involved and I've already said that it was at their discretion as to how they took their development fees, which is usually a percentage of future transfer fees. There was no point going into contract talks at the begining of the week if the player had ended up being a pup!
[quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustaBloke2000[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Justabloke were do you want me to start, With the left back position, the overload in central midfielders, the lack of team spirit, the passion, the decreasing crowds the lack of giving youth a try, the treatment of Kevin Davies, the lack of comment From des noir management, the way we defend corners, The fact today were leading 2 nil as we're finally playing two up front as the fans have been saying all season, Any decent management of any company would finalise confirm and eliminate any obstacles before a potential contract would be considered you muppet.[/p][/quote]This is football, you muppet! Business dealings in the real world and the football world are two different matters. Unattached players are trialled before contracts negotiated - that fact that he's unattached and should therefore be available on a free would mean that, common sense prevailing, Gothenburg shouldn't have required a development fee until an actual transfer fee materialised - it's in their interests to not mention wanting a dev. fee up front until negotiations are entered into so as not to scare any potential suitors off! The fans could be pointed at as being to blame for a lot of the lack of passion because we're possibly the most fickle set of fans on the planet! We don't support, we harangue![/p][/quote]Some don't support, some will be sat in an armchair as we speak rather than down here supporting the team! How can business in the real world and the football world be two different matters, I suggest you ask any Portsmouth Director are the two connected! What sort of management would expect Gothenburg not to want a development fee ? Had the roles been reversed would we not! I don't recall slack of passion from the fans at Wembley on that disastrous day or the lack of passion at this seasons away games.[/p][/quote]Some of us work Saturdays, if you feel like playing that card. Some of us are also based 300+ miles away. As for business practices, I suggest you look at the process of buying/signing players with the myriad of clauses, pay-off schemes and the like as well as transfer windows and compensation pay-offs and the many other things that come into play and tell me that they work just like any other business? Dyrestram is unattached - we didn't even have to deal with Gothenburg until it came to cash being involved and I've already said that it was at their discretion as to how they took their development fees, which is usually a percentage of future transfer fees. There was no point going into contract talks at the begining of the week if the player had ended up being a pup! JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 13

5:14pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

Some of us also have buisness,s to run 24/7 i yet still make time and effort to attend!.Armchair fans are always experts. Easy to blame the fans when you don't pay your and sit and watch poor fair. Of course not all all transfer dealings can be compared to normal every day buisness constraints, however basic principles can should and do ! Me thinks your missing the point my part time supporting friend.
Any from someone who actually attended today. Who has actually seen how on some occasions we have been abysmal this season and sympathises with the disgruntled fans I can confirm we played well today the best we've been all season. We are not the most fickle fans we wouldn't have paid our lifeline to save the club once upon a time and still be here were we so fickle! Enjoy your cuppa in the warm.
Some of us also have buisness,s to run 24/7 i yet still make time and effort to attend!.Armchair fans are always experts. Easy to blame the fans when you don't pay your and sit and watch poor fair. Of course not all all transfer dealings can be compared to normal every day buisness constraints, however basic principles can should and do ! Me thinks your missing the point my part time supporting friend. Any from someone who actually attended today. Who has actually seen how on some occasions we have been abysmal this season and sympathises with the disgruntled fans I can confirm we played well today the best we've been all season. We are not the most fickle fans we wouldn't have paid our lifeline to save the club once upon a time and still be here were we so fickle! Enjoy your cuppa in the warm. Liamdog
  • Score: -9

5:50pm Sat 22 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

It wasn't a cuppa in the warm, my fatuous friend. Some of us have work commitments to teams on the south coast which make it extremely difficult to get to games though I still have a season ticket and have had, continuously, since 1997. The times I can't attend I let family members use it. I've followed BWFC for 36 years and have seen us in far worse states than this!
It doesn't take much work to scratch the surface of what really goes on in the football world, I recommend you give it a try rather than believing terrace talk and online banter. Start with a level 1 coaching badge, takes no time to achieve, opens the doors to other possibilities and certainly opens your eyes to things, including a better understanding of the game and what goes on behind the scenes. Might even lead to paid opportunities, if you follow up with the higher level badges and keep networking. Certainly did for me.
It wasn't a cuppa in the warm, my fatuous friend. Some of us have work commitments to teams on the south coast which make it extremely difficult to get to games though I still have a season ticket and have had, continuously, since 1997. The times I can't attend I let family members use it. I've followed BWFC for 36 years and have seen us in far worse states than this! It doesn't take much work to scratch the surface of what really goes on in the football world, I recommend you give it a try rather than believing terrace talk and online banter. Start with a level 1 coaching badge, takes no time to achieve, opens the doors to other possibilities and certainly opens your eyes to things, including a better understanding of the game and what goes on behind the scenes. Might even lead to paid opportunities, if you follow up with the higher level badges and keep networking. Certainly did for me. JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 9

6:23pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.
Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied. Liamdog
  • Score: 2

6:33pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Beyond News Forum says...

Just got back from the game. I will tell you all now that that was a totally different game. You could see what was missing but that being said for all Watford's huffing and puffing we seemed to have the measure on them today. Juke reminds me of SKD in his day - physical with a good eye. Mason had a fantastic game and Sparky was allowed to play his game. Bogdan pulled off a couple of crucial saves, and Medo seemed to have a much better flow to his game. Now if DF is as good as he says he is, then that is what he needs to be doing week in week out as it really did click.

We were more physical, we were a lot cheekier, and we kept them waiting after half time to come out of the tunnel. A saw a lot more of the old psychology today. We got to the opposition instead of allowing them to beat us up and run rings around us.

Well dome BWFC - this was a turning point from where I was sat. Even the GF (who actually bullies me into going to the match lol) was jumping off her seat - so credit to y'all.

As for Tim Ream taking corners, he did well. There were a lot of man of the match performances today, every single one of the lads chipped in and threw everything at Watford. This was more like it and what we all have been hoping to see.

And it was good to hear "we are the one and only Wanderers" being sung again - which reminds me - what happened to the Reebok Rhythm band?
Just got back from the game. I will tell you all now that that was a totally different game. You could see what was missing but that being said for all Watford's huffing and puffing we seemed to have the measure on them today. Juke reminds me of SKD in his day - physical with a good eye. Mason had a fantastic game and Sparky was allowed to play his game. Bogdan pulled off a couple of crucial saves, and Medo seemed to have a much better flow to his game. Now if DF is as good as he says he is, then that is what he needs to be doing week in week out as it really did click. We were more physical, we were a lot cheekier, and we kept them waiting after half time to come out of the tunnel. A saw a lot more of the old psychology today. We got to the opposition instead of allowing them to beat us up and run rings around us. Well dome BWFC - this was a turning point from where I was sat. Even the GF (who actually bullies me into going to the match lol) was jumping off her seat - so credit to y'all. As for Tim Ream taking corners, he did well. There were a lot of man of the match performances today, every single one of the lads chipped in and threw everything at Watford. This was more like it and what we all have been hoping to see. And it was good to hear "we are the one and only Wanderers" being sung again - which reminds me - what happened to the Reebok Rhythm band? Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 4

6:34pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Beyond News Forum says...

Sorry guys post match beer lol (typos)
Sorry guys post match beer lol (typos) Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 1

7:38pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Reebok Al says...

We don't know the full story about the failure to sign Mkael Dyrestam, but considering the way we missed out on Goran Popov, it gives the unfortunate impression that people at the Reebok don't know what they're doing.
The time to bring in another left back was last summer. As Dougie Freedman himself said just days ago about MarcTierey's absence - "Any other position and we'd have been covered."
Exactly.
We don't know the full story about the failure to sign Mkael Dyrestam, but considering the way we missed out on Goran Popov, it gives the unfortunate impression that people at the Reebok don't know what they're doing. The time to bring in another left back was last summer. As Dougie Freedman himself said just days ago about MarcTierey's absence - "Any other position and we'd have been covered." Exactly. Reebok Al
  • Score: 3

12:38pm Mon 24 Feb 14

JustaBloke2000 says...

Liamdog wrote:
Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.
I said I'd followed BWFC for 36 years - I've been going to matches since the 77-78 season. I didn't have a season ticket in those days because, frankly, I didn't feel the need and still went to most games at Burnden and I never questioned your mighty work empire, simply stated that progression of coaching badges can lead to paid opportunities.
[quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.[/p][/quote]I said I'd followed BWFC for 36 years - I've been going to matches since the 77-78 season. I didn't have a season ticket in those days because, frankly, I didn't feel the need and still went to most games at Burnden and I never questioned your mighty work empire, simply stated that progression of coaching badges can lead to paid opportunities. JustaBloke2000
  • Score: 0

7:40pm Mon 24 Feb 14

Liamdog says...

JustaBloke2000 wrote:
Liamdog wrote:
Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.
I said I'd followed BWFC for 36 years - I've been going to matches since the 77-78 season. I didn't have a season ticket in those days because, frankly, I didn't feel the need and still went to most games at Burnden and I never questioned your mighty work empire, simply stated that progression of coaching badges can lead to paid opportunities.
You need to get more. Wouldn't have commented if I knew it would upset you and spoil your weekend. Still at least you may have seen some of the low times.as well as me if not for quite as long. ( regular since 72 ) Wouldn't describe my work. as empire more successful but thank you anyway! Take on board your point about the coaching badges however I was merely pointing I have experience too . Although some badges and some roles aren't always overly financially rewarding.
[quote][p][bold]JustaBloke2000[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Liamdog[/bold] wrote: Season ticket holder since 1981 so probably seemn much harder times than you. Weren't many of us at burnden only about 4000 at one time. Held a Uefa b coaching badge back in the early nineties and coached for local proffesional academy teams. As for making a few quid I employ 60 people so doing ok thank you! . Gained a very good background and understanding of the game. What I take exception to is Wanderers fans being labelled fickle. It is my experience that most are passionate about our club and have every right to comment when not satisfied.[/p][/quote]I said I'd followed BWFC for 36 years - I've been going to matches since the 77-78 season. I didn't have a season ticket in those days because, frankly, I didn't feel the need and still went to most games at Burnden and I never questioned your mighty work empire, simply stated that progression of coaching badges can lead to paid opportunities.[/p][/quote]You need to get more. Wouldn't have commented if I knew it would upset you and spoil your weekend. Still at least you may have seen some of the low times.as well as me if not for quite as long. ( regular since 72 ) Wouldn't describe my work. as empire more successful but thank you anyway! Take on board your point about the coaching badges however I was merely pointing I have experience too . Although some badges and some roles aren't always overly financially rewarding. Liamdog
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree