BOLTON County manager Henry Chapman was disappointed after five minutes of added time cost his side a place in the semi-final of the Presidents Cup.

A penalty in the overtime period allowed Lostock St Gerard’s to snatch a late equaliser and with no further score in extra-time the Saints won a penalty shootout 3-1 to go through.

County thought they were home and dry when, with 90 minutes on the clock, they led through a Tom Aspen goal, set up by Matthew Cooper’s assist.

The referee signalled for three minutes of added time but after a further two minutes Josh Evans conceded the penalty that turned the game on its head.

Chapman said: “I cannot believe what we have witnessed from the official.

“I know it’s a thankless task but it’s not even about the penalty decision for me it’s where he got the extra two and a half minutes of added time.

“He cost us this club a semi-final place.”

Turton should have been celebrating playing their first game since December 7 but instead they went out of the cup with a 2-0 defeat at Hesketh Bank.

Turton recovered from going a goal behind and played the better football, although they did not threaten the home goal enough.

They looked solid enough at the back, however, with Jordan Lomax and with Adam Street a strong centre-back partnership and although keeper Josh McGreavey made an outstanding one handed save from close range, he was undone from a freak free-kick curled in from the right.

CMB fared better in the Challenge Cup, beating Barrow Wanderers 8-1.

CMB went 4-0 up at half time on a difficult pitch with Michael McGinlay and Jamie Boyd scoring two goals apiece.

McGinlay added two more in the second half with Andrew Warburton also chipping in with a brace.

In the league, two goals by Heath Ainscow was the highlight as Premier Division Eagley wrapped up a 3-1 victory against Vickerstown. Tom Darby was also on target as new manager Simon Haworth celebrated his first victory in charge.

Elsewhere, Tempest United lost 3-1 at home to Euxton Villa.

Ben Hyde opened the scoring in the 23rd minute but Trevor Ball’s side gifted Villa an equaliser just before the break and the visitors added two more goals to grab the win.

In Division Two, Ladybridge dealt Kendal’s promotion hopes a severe blow when they held them to a scoreless draw.

In an even first half, chances fell to both teams with slack marking allowing Kendal two headers just over the bar.

Ladybridge had the better of the second half with Alex Machell dictating things in midfield.

Stoneclough’s Craig Gorman and Thomas Cheetham were on target in a 2-2 draw with Haslingden St Mary’s.