BOLTON County suffered cup final heartache losing out 2-1 against Walshaw in the Myles N Kenyon Trophy at the JD Stadium on Friday night.

County produced a spirited second-half revival after finding themselves 2-0 down at the break.

County had a chance to reduce the deficit just after the interval when Alex Todd was tripped in the box but Tom Aspen fired wide.

However, they did pull one-goal back from a goalmouth scramble on 75 minutes and Aspen got the final touch.

Walshaw managed to hold on and retain the trophy.

First team coach Gary Young said: “It was disappointing to lose the game because we went to sleep for 20 minutes in the first half.

“We rallied and put in a good performance in the second half and were unlucky to miss the penalty.

“We battled to the end but it was not enough.”

Simon Haworth’s Eagley side moved up to fourth in the Premier Division after a 4-2 win on the road at Vickerstown.

Tom Darby and Heath Ainscow scored two goals apiece as the Dunscar side picked up their 15th win of the season.

Elsewhere, Turton produced one of their best passing displays of the season with a 9-1 victory at home against Ambleside.

Dave Hanlon bagged a hat-trick, while Matthew Ward (two), Dylan Winstanley (two), Matt Eckersley and Corrie Taylor were all on target for Turton.

Manager Neil Johnson said: “We have threatened to do that in a couple of occasions this season. Ambleside came with a young side but I told the players that they should not let this be another end of season game.

“Everything clicked and it could have been four or five more with some of the best football of the season and it was enjoyable to watch.

“We have been playing Dylan and he has scored five in three games.

“He is an excellent talent and his dad was ex-Wanderers player Mark Winstanley.

“He plays with no fear and we just want to ease him in gently.”

In Division Two, CMB had to come from behind to get a share of the spoils against Croston.

The visitors took the lead after 10 minutes after an error at the back.

Ron White’s side battled back through Craig McGinlay after a passage of play down the right.

It stayed 1-1 until the end and CMB finish in seventh.