CENTURY star Gavin Nicholl led the run blitz as Walshaw stormed into the last eight of the Cross Cup.

The Bury side demolished Standish by 243 runs after posting a massive 310-4.

Nicholl, who had hit 50 in a last-ball defeat at Worsley the previous day, recorded another nice round number with an unbeaten century against Standish who were brought crashing down to earth after recording their first league win of the season 24 hours earlier.

Nick Murphy followed up his 62 top score of the previous day with 64 not out, and Danny Hornby added 49 and Rakitha Weerasundara 45.

Niall Burke took 3-94 for Standish for whom Dave Bowden hit 43 of his side’s 67 total, no other Standish player reaching double figures and six out for ducks.

Little Hulton completed a great weekend with a five-wicket victory at Blackrod.

A day after winning their first league game of the season, the Manchester Road men beat the side who are second top of the table by five wickets.

Craig Cooke took 4-31 and Aktar Shafiq 3-40 as Blackrod were all out for 151 – a score they would not have been un happy with when they were 102-7.

Pro Thushendra de Zoysa top scored with 38 and then took all five Little Hulton wickets to fall.

Little Hulton recovered well from being 3-2, pro Ansar Javed scoring 54 and Shaukat Patel 51 not out, including a 53-run fourth-wicket stand between them.

Edgworth bounced back from a defeat at Darcy Lever to record a 70-run victory at an Elton side who had beaten previously joint top Swinton Moorside 24 hours earlier.

Captain Guy Haynes controlled his side’s innings with 52 not out as his side posted 218-7, Simon Lord adding 34 and Tom Fairclough 32.

Mark Goddard took 4-29 for Elton who had restricted the visitors to 113-5 until Haynes and Fairclough got into their stride.

Elton never got started in their reply, losing their first three batsmen for 10, 0 and nine and then seeing captain John Ashworth have to leave the action with a hamstring injury.

Chris Read top scored with 34 and Adam Stansfield hit 24 not out.

Edgworth pro Liam Watkinson did the most damage with the ball with impressive figures of 5-41 while Dave Parkinson took 3-32 and wicketkeeper Jon Ivers took three excellent catches.

Nekoli Parris was the star of the show as Bury reached the quarter-finals with a 92-run win away to Lostock.

The pro scored an imperious 111 not out as the league leaders posted 243-8, John Stackhouse following up his matchwinning half century in the top-of-the-table clash at Flixton the day before with 33.

It was looking much different at 95-6, but Bury proved again they bat a long way down.

Rob Holgate had his second good individual performance in 48 hours as he took 4-82 before scoring 53 of Lostock’s 151-9.

His stand of 56 with Peter Flanagan (33) steadied the ship after Lostock lost three wickets to the bowling of Matthew White in the second over.

Worsley made it two home wins in two days with a seven-wicket victory over Swinton Moorside.

Opener Daniel McKeown starred with the bat with an unbeaten 72 as Worsley passed their target of 116 with seven wickets and 13 overs to spare, while James Kilner led the winners’ onslaught with the ball as he took 5-19.

Flixton reached the last eight with a 29-run home win against Winton.

Openers Luke Perry and Alton Beckford got the home side off to a flying start with 76 and 63, respectively, with Brett Cox taking 4-61 for Winton.

Winton’s chase of Flixton’s 250-5 was led by numbers three and four Justin Kramersh and Cox who scored 58 and 52, respectively.

Their middle order failed to take up the mantle and fine efforts from their last two batsmen Christie McDonald (21no) and Ross Markey (18) proved not enough.

Nathan McKiernan took 4-43 and Steve Hammond 3-34 for the winners.