BOLTON Wanderers star Alex Baptiste has been arrested after allegedly attacking a man who touched his wife’s bottom.
The 28-year-old defender was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm after a brawl outside UBER bar in Poulton le Flyde, near Blackpool. He has since been bailed.
A man was knocked unconscious and lost several teeth in the alleged incident, which happened at 1.35am on Saturday, June 28.
Baptiste, who lives in Lytham, Lancashire, has since been bailed.
UBER bar describes itself as "a sophisticated social playground".
One eyewitness said: "What happened was virtually under the noses of the two officers. It was one punch but one big punch."
A 23-year-old man, from Poulton le Fylde, was also arrested on suspicion of assault and has also been bailed.
Bolton Wanderers have just embarked on a pre-season tour of Scandinavia in which they will be playing friendly matches against Swedish and Danish clubs.
A Bolton Wanderers spokesman declined to comment.
- Police sniff out £150,000 cannabis farm in Halliwell
- Strangeways riots: Former Bolton Evening News photographer recalls the siege 25 years on
- Traffic chaos on first day of A666 lane closure during rail electrification work
- Youngsters put down their pens and pencils to cook a Greek feast in the classroom
- Protestors demonstrate against the sacking of University of Bolton colleagues