BOLTON Wanderers star Alex Baptiste has been arrested after allegedly attacking a man who touched his wife’s bottom.
The 28-year-old defender was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm after a brawl outside UBER bar in Poulton le Flyde, near Blackpool. He has since been bailed.
A man was knocked unconscious and lost several teeth in the alleged incident, which happened at 1.35am on Saturday, June 28.
Baptiste, who lives in Lytham, Lancashire, has since been bailed.
UBER bar describes itself as "a sophisticated social playground".
One eyewitness said: "What happened was virtually under the noses of the two officers. It was one punch but one big punch."
A 23-year-old man, from Poulton le Fylde, was also arrested on suspicion of assault and has also been bailed.
Bolton Wanderers have just embarked on a pre-season tour of Scandinavia in which they will be playing friendly matches against Swedish and Danish clubs.
A Bolton Wanderers spokesman declined to comment.
- Woman's anger as ex-lover walks free from court over semi-naked photograph he took while she slept
- Bolton firm which gives its staff free breakfast and gym membership named best retailer to work for by its staff
- VIDEO: UPDATED: Firefighters tackle mill blaze after roof catches fire
- VIDEOS: Mercedes crashes into learner driver and speeds off from scene - having only just passed a police car
- AT LAST! How to stop nuisance sales calls with just one simple text message