BOLTON Wanderers star Alex Baptiste has been arrested after allegedly attacking a man who touched his wife’s bottom.
The 28-year-old defender was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm after a brawl outside UBER bar in Poulton le Flyde, near Blackpool. He has since been bailed.
A man was knocked unconscious and lost several teeth in the alleged incident, which happened at 1.35am on Saturday, June 28.
Baptiste, who lives in Lytham, Lancashire, has since been bailed.
UBER bar describes itself as "a sophisticated social playground".
One eyewitness said: "What happened was virtually under the noses of the two officers. It was one punch but one big punch."
A 23-year-old man, from Poulton le Fylde, was also arrested on suspicion of assault and has also been bailed.
Bolton Wanderers have just embarked on a pre-season tour of Scandinavia in which they will be playing friendly matches against Swedish and Danish clubs.
A Bolton Wanderers spokesman declined to comment.
- REVEALED: Bolton Council’s former chief executive given £90,000 pay-off after just FIVE months' work
- Pain and gain — Orlando Street opens after 10 months but three months of St Peter's Way closures to begin
- Town centre bank to close after 'significant' decline in customers
- 'Disgrace' — reaction to Paul Najsarek's £90,000 pay-off after quitting council chief executive role
- In the dock: 18 people who have appeared in court in Bolton