TURTON were brought down to earth with a bump after their impressive start to the season when they lost 4-1 against recently relegated Premier side Fulwood Amateurs.

The week had started so brightly for the Thomasson Fold side when they beat local rivals Tempest 5-0 with a hat-trick from Kieran Sisson and a brace from Jordan McLoughlin.

And although Sisson added to his tally against Fulwood, it was not enough to prevent Turton suffering their first defeat of the season.

Tempest created and missed a hatful of chances as they went down 3-0 at Ambleside United, where they conceded two goals in the first 10 minutes. The home side wrapped up the points with a second-half penalty to leave the Greens joint bottom of the table.

Also struggling are rivals Bolton County where Tom Aspin was on target in a 4-1 defeat to Hawcoat Park.

Tempest and County go head to head tonight.

Ladybridge maintained their 100 per cent start in Division Two with a 9-2 beating of Millom.

But they had to come from behind after concedfing an early goal.

The response was emphatic with Elliot Waugh scoring twice and strikes from Jordan Coop, Sam Parkinson and Gaz Whiteside on target to put Bridge 5-1 up at half time.

Superb one-touch football brought further goals from Whiteside and Coop and there was still time for Waugh to complete his hat-trick before Parkinson made it nine.

Manager Dave Walker said: “It was an excellent display from the lads all over the pitch, the best performance of the season.

“It was one-way traffic throughout and the focus now turns to Haslingden at home tonight.”

Ladybridge beat local rivals Stoneclough 5-0 earlier in the week with goals by Parkinson (two), Coop, Whiteside and an own goal. Stoneclough also lost on Saturday, going down 4-3 to Furness Cavaliers with Liam Ralph (two) and Craig Booth on target.

In midweek, Will Archer scored for CMB in a 2-1 defeat to Leyland United.

In the top flight, Eagley suffered two successive defeats, going down 3-1 to Slyne with Hest on Saturday after losing 6-3 against Burnley United. However, boss Alex Harvie insists that luck was not on their side on Saturday.

He said: “We conceded two uncharacteristic goals. One of them was a long ball that was flicked on but our keeper was already coming out and it skidded off the surface into the net.

“Then the referee gave a ‘back-pass’ when it came off one of our player’s knees and they scored from the in-direct free-kick.

“We are comfortable where we are at the minute with a squad that has a mixture of experience and youth and one or two more additions will boost our position just like any club.”