BLACKROD Town had to settle for a share of the points in a tightly fought Division One encounter against Horwich RMI.

Sam Grunder had the best chance of the first half when his shot slammed against the post, and Alex Hart came close but his effort was tipped around the post by the goalkeeper.

It took until the 55th minute for the breakthrough when David Sutch ran onto Chris Knott’s through ball and volleyed Blackrod ahead.

Rob McNeely the scorer of the equalising goal following Mark Farnworth's low drilled corner to the edge of the box.

Elsewhere, Ainsworth ran out clear winners with a 6-1 victory over Roach Dynamos.

Fraiser Derby and Dave Malius gave Ainsworth a 2-0 lead at the break, with Matty Barnes, Mike Ormrod, Ben Sharples and Jason Brooks netting in the second half.

Farnworth Town were held 2-2 away to Rochdale St Clement reserves.

John Paul Caruana gave Farnworth an early lead following good work from Kyle Tyldesley down the left but were pegged back on the stroke of half-time.

A 30-yard wonder strike from Rochdale looked to have won the game on the 85th minute but a moment of magic from Tyldesley to beat three defenders and play in Grant Dean who fired the ball into the bottom corner earned the visitors a point.

Mike Berry was a lick of paint away from snatching all three points as his header late into added time smashed against the upright.

Bolton Wyresdale were held to a goalless draw away to Chaddertonians and were unfortunate to have not taken maximum points as Rob Kelley had the best chance of the game but his header came back off the crossbar.

Tyldesley United will rue missed opportunities as they were defeated 1-0 away at Hesketh Casuals.

Rob Crank and Brad Brown came close before Laurence Willis squandered a one-on-one opportunity.

In the Premier Division, Old Boltonians continued their unbeaten start to the new season with a convincing 4-0 victory against Mostonians.

The hosts came flying out of the traps and grabbed an early goal when Lucas Gaynor’s floated cross from the left found its way into the back of the net.

Gaynor got his second just after half-time after plucking Lee Worswick’s cross out of the air and drilling the ball across goal into the bottom corner.

A splendid 25-yard free-kick from Darren Dalton made it three before Roger Pike completed the rout with a composed finish one-on-one.

Little Lever remain at the foot of the table after a narrow 2-1 defeat to Rochdale St Clements.

Anthony Sivori’s tap-in on 70 minutes cancelled out Rochdale’s early goal but the hosts’ failure to convert a number of chances proved costly when the visitors snatched all three points with only five minutes remaining.

Dean Spencer scored two goals in as many minutes for Horwich Victoria as they raced into an early lead against table toppers North Walkden.

Horwich were reduced to 10-men on the stroke of half-time and struggled to hold on thereafter, losing the game 5-2.

A patched-up Castle Hill side missing four key players suffered a 3-1 defeat at home to Bury GSOB with Sam Brooks’ late volley proving only a consolation.

Howe Bridge twice surrendered their lead as they fell to a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Tottington United.

Rich Trew and Brett Farnworth were on the score sheet for the hosts but they failed to grab a single point as Tottington were reduced to 10-men late on.