Amir Khan's promoter claims they withdrew their appeal over last month's controversial defeat by Lamont Peterson because they feared Wednesday's International Boxing Federation hearing would be
"one-sided" and not "fully transparent".
Khan, along with father Shah and business manager Asif Vali, flew to the United States on Tuesday ahead of the hearing in New Jersey, only for it to be cancelled at the 11th hour.
Golden Boy Promotions released a statement outlining their reasons and chief executive Richard Schaefer has revealed they feared they would not get a fair shake at the hearing.
Press Association Sport learned on Tuesday that two men central to Khan's complaints - referee Joe Cooper and World Boxing Association (WBA) supervisor Michael Welsh - would not be present at the
Cooper has been accused by Khan of unfairly docking him two points in the split decision loss, while Welsh was the man seen being approached and allegedly interfered with by 'mystery man' Mustafa
Ameen, who had no apparent reason to be there.
A statement from Golden Boy read: "Due to the fact that there was only to be partial representation of fight officials who were involved with the December 10, 2011 Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson
bout at tomorrow's scheduled appeal hearing of the fight's outcome before the International Boxing Federation (IBF), Golden Boy Promotions and Team Khan have decided to withdraw their appeal and
focus their full attention on Amir's next fight."
Schaefer told ringtv.com: "You have certain officials who were going to be there telling their side of the story, and you have others which were not going to be there.
"I think that the bottom line is that that would result in a one-sided story, and I have shared my views on this particular subject with the IBF president Daryl Peoples a couple of weeks ago.
"I told him that if he was in fact going to have certain people there, and others not, then that does not sound to me as if there was a fully transparent meeting because only part of the story was
going to to be told.
"So I do not see any reason to participate in such a process. That's basically what it is."
Khan had complained to both the WBA and IBF after losing his light-welterweight titles to Peterson in the American's native Washington on December 10.
He highlighted several grievances, chiefly referee Cooper's deduction of two points, the judges' scoring of the bout and the unexplained presence of Ameen at ringside.
The WBA last week confirmed they had granted 25-year-old Khan another shot at Peterson amid what Khan's camp described as "a plethora of anomalies" in the original fight.
Therefore, having abandoned their appeal to the IBF, Khan's team are set to use that as their leverage to secure a rematch.
The Golden Boy statement added: "Golden Boy Promotions and Team Khan are pleased to have been vindicated by the World Boxing Association's (WBA) recent decision to mandate an immediate rematch and
still hope that Mr. Peterson will honor earlier statements in which he asserted that he would be happy to agree to a rematch.
"In that vein, Golden Boy Promotions and Team Khan would agree to a 50/50 split of worldwide revenues derived from a rematch (including those derived from the United Kingdom) should Mr. Peterson
agree to participate, and hope that this will be both financially and professionally satisfying to Mr. Peterson and his team."