FARNWORTH United gained revenge on Bolton at Home Sunday League Division One leaders Queen Anne with an impressive 5-3 victory.

Just six weeks on from a humiliating 10-0 defeat to the Deane side, Paul Davis' side set the record straight at Hulton Lane.

From the start Farnworth looked like they meant business and within 10 minutes they went in front from a excellent finish from Joe Cappy.

Mark Truffas levelled on 20 minutes as he shot from the edge of the penalty area and the ball managed to squeeze past the Farnworth keeper and the post.

But just before half time Cappy got his second to give Farnworth the lead at the break.

In the second half, Queen Anne were dominant and got a well-deserved equaliser, again through Truffas, on 60 minutes. They took the lead on 75 minutes after some excellent work from Truffers who put the ball through to Deven Sutherland and he slotted the ball home.

Farnworth heads did not drop and within five minutes they had turned the game on its head again with two quickfire goals from Ibby Qureshi.

Queen Anne looked for the equaliser but with less than five minutes to go Farnworth broke from their defence and Jon Stephenson scored to make the game safe.

Elsewhere, on Harper Green, Graham Sharples’ Newbury took on Adlington’s Bridge Celtic, winning a tight contest 3-2.

Newbury’s hero was the manager's son Dominic Sharples, who scored all three of their goals, while Kane Wilkinson and Craig Walden replied for Celtic.

The final game in Division One was between bottom side Manny Road and Astley Bridge Elite with Astley Bridge edging it 5-4.

The goals for Astley Bridge came from Kevin Myftharaja (two), Danny Haige, Joe Howlin and Chris McCaugutrie.

Adam Patel (two), Oliver Taylor and Sam Santorum scored for Manny Road.

In Division Two, leaders Barr Hill took on second-placed Wellington FC, winning 10-0 thanks to goals from Ruben Rose, who scored five, Alex Kelly (two), Tom Muskat, Luke Jones and Cale Byers.

Third-placed Westhoughton travelled to Walkers to play Heaton Casuals and came away with a superb 7-0 victory with goals from Adam Doreen (two), Ben Haworth (two), Jack Berry, Declan King and Adam Arkwright.

The victory moved Westhoughton up to second.

The last game to be played was at Ladybridge between Deane FC and Bolton Town.

It was a close affair with Deane edging it 2-1 – their goals scored by James Entwhistle and Yaz Smajic, with Dillon Hewitt replying for Bolton Town.