A BACKLOG of fixtures and a build-up of injuries are starting to take their toll on one of Bolton’s top amateur football teams.

Eagley boss Simon Haworth is having a managerial headache after not only watching his side go down 3-0 to Premier Division champions Charnock Richard but also seeing captain Tom Darby, Matt Carr and Heath Ainscow forced to leave the field injured.

The situation did not look to get any better as he was trying to pull together a squad for their trip to Norcross and Warbreck yesterday afternoon.

He said: “We lost to Charnock and they are a good strong side.

“They are a lot further forward than we are in terms of progress both individually and as a team.

“We just want to be competitive in the league but it is hard with four matches to get through in a short space of time.

“Also we have had a few injuries from Saturday to add to the ones previously.

“It was a shame because we had a great result against Coppull United on Thursday night, winning 1-0, and that saw us leapfrog them in the league.”

In Division One, Turton extended their unbeaten run to four games with a 3-2 victory at home to Wyre Villa.

The lively visitors should have gone into the break with more than a single-goal advantage, but did not largely due to keeper Josh McGreavey being on top form again.

The management team of Neil Johnson and Neil Hart must have had some strong words to say at the interval because the second half belonged to Turton.

Daniel Locke headed in from a free kick to level soon after the restart. Dylan Winstanley made the step up from under-16s to first team look easy with a magnificent goal – a first-time effort which saw him lob the keeper from more than 25 yards.

He then finished coolly in a one-on-one situation and the Edgworth men looked comfortable at 3-1 before Wyre had the final say with a harshly-awarded penalty late on.

Meanwhile, CMB enjoyed a 3-1 victory against Haslingden St Mary’s in Division Two.

It was 0-0 at the break with CMB creating the best chances to break the deadlock.

Ron White’s side took the lead through a Liam Carr goal and then Jamie Boyd and Michael McGinlay made it 3-0 before St Mary’s bagged a late consolation.

Stoneclough escaped the threat of relegation with a 1-0 win against Todmorden Borough.

They were in the bottom two ahead of kick-off but youngster Callum Hughes impressed up front and it was his cross that forced the defender to knock it into the net for the three points to ensure their survival.