BURY boss David Flitcroft has not ruled out more departures as he bids to trim down his squad further.
The Shakers manager released five players last week, including former captain Gareth Roberts and first-team striker Shaun Harrad.
But with a squad of 22 players remaining and with Flitcroft hopeful of bringing in a few more experienced recruits, it looks like time could be running out for summer signings Nathan Cameron and William Edjenguele.
“I want to go on record and thank the players that have played for the football club,” said the Bury boss.
“But we are trying to move on at a good rate and we will keep looking at rebalancing this squad, as it does need more trimming.”
Flitcroft wants to end January with a squad of 20 players, but hopes to replace quantity with quality.
“It’s taken a magnificent effort, but it was needed,” he said. “How can you have sometimes 20 players not involved on a Saturday? It’s not heard of in League Two.
“But to be successful you need to make sure that your bench is full of quality as well and it’s my duty as the manager to make sure I fill the squad with as much quality as I can.”