Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:31pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Eileenshakers says...

Two games played and two defeats,does anyone think we were unlucky tonight?.
For 96 minutes our players completely bossed a championship side that looked bereft of ideas and appear a club in crisis.
The difference between us was probably that we didn't have the nous to get over the line,instead of keeping possession up until the last kick of normal time we allowed their key goal threat an opportunity to run at our defence and subsequently con the referee in to giving them a ridiculous penalty which then rejuvenated them and killed our spirit in one blow.
Why does our manager never make substitutions which affect a positive impact on matches?.
well at least we gave The Trotters a run for their money but our brilliant fans should have been making the short trip home with a smile on their faces instead they will leave thinking our team has been cheated out of a deserved victory.
well I'm not Rob Lainton's biggest fan but he did pull off some very good saves tonight and of course hasn't played for our first team since the last time we were beaten in this same competition conceding 6 last time.
the one constant in our previous fixtures seems to be our players inability to see out matches.
In pre-season we conceded late against Blackburn Rovers and Rochdale,bad habits need to be nipped in the bud before the rot starts to set in.
I was concerned to see jalal replaced at half time because I don't think Rob is good enough as his deputy,so we need to sign a proven stopper if Jalal's injury is serious.
My overall opinion of this side is that there is a spark missing but once the engine starts we are going to give out a few hidings to our future opponents.
Am I right in saying that we have only kept one clean sheet in 11matches including pre-season and these 2 games? Against Ramsbottam.
the headlines should read "Bury fc steal defeat from the jaws of victory",in reality though a referee has been conned in to giving our opponents a get out of jail card with that penalty."Chin up lads",the season has only just began and we have 132 points to play for.
Two games played and two defeats,does anyone think we were unlucky tonight?. For 96 minutes our players completely bossed a championship side that looked bereft of ideas and appear a club in crisis. The difference between us was probably that we didn't have the nous to get over the line,instead of keeping possession up until the last kick of normal time we allowed their key goal threat an opportunity to run at our defence and subsequently con the referee in to giving them a ridiculous penalty which then rejuvenated them and killed our spirit in one blow. Why does our manager never make substitutions which affect a positive impact on matches?. well at least we gave The Trotters a run for their money but our brilliant fans should have been making the short trip home with a smile on their faces instead they will leave thinking our team has been cheated out of a deserved victory. well I'm not Rob Lainton's biggest fan but he did pull off some very good saves tonight and of course hasn't played for our first team since the last time we were beaten in this same competition conceding 6 last time. the one constant in our previous fixtures seems to be our players inability to see out matches. In pre-season we conceded late against Blackburn Rovers and Rochdale,bad habits need to be nipped in the bud before the rot starts to set in. I was concerned to see jalal replaced at half time because I don't think Rob is good enough as his deputy,so we need to sign a proven stopper if Jalal's injury is serious. My overall opinion of this side is that there is a spark missing but once the engine starts we are going to give out a few hidings to our future opponents. Am I right in saying that we have only kept one clean sheet in 11matches including pre-season and these 2 games? Against Ramsbottam. the headlines should read "Bury fc steal defeat from the jaws of victory",in reality though a referee has been conned in to giving our opponents a get out of jail card with that penalty."Chin up lads",the season has only just began and we have 132 points to play for. Eileenshakers
  • Score: 6

7:10am Wed 13 Aug 14

mammol says...

well i agree with most of the above however lets be clear Lainton just is not good enough !! harsh penalty yes but goals 2 and 3 well he should have done a lot better .
Jallal was injured in the first half but the latter substitutions of both Nardiello and Lowe ment it just kept coming back at us.
however i am so proud of the lads and i thought the 3 at the back looked very good with a special praise for Cammeron who finally looks like a good defender .
well done everyone including our brilliant fans.
well i agree with most of the above however lets be clear Lainton just is not good enough !! harsh penalty yes but goals 2 and 3 well he should have done a lot better . Jallal was injured in the first half but the latter substitutions of both Nardiello and Lowe ment it just kept coming back at us. however i am so proud of the lads and i thought the 3 at the back looked very good with a special praise for Cammeron who finally looks like a good defender . well done everyone including our brilliant fans. mammol
  • Score: 8

10:37am Wed 13 Aug 14

idav_uk says...

You failed to beat a Bolton side who played as poorly as I've seen them during the past decade. Dress it up as a glorious defeat if you like, but from this side of the fence it was a pretty even game between two poor sides, one of which edged it with quality in extra time.

Considering this is the biggest game in Bury's season - I was surprised you didn't bring more, especially as the whole reason for your clubs existence seems to be a misplaced rivalry with Bolton who couldn't really care less if you went out of existence tomorrow.
You failed to beat a Bolton side who played as poorly as I've seen them during the past decade. Dress it up as a glorious defeat if you like, but from this side of the fence it was a pretty even game between two poor sides, one of which edged it with quality in extra time. Considering this is the biggest game in Bury's season - I was surprised you didn't bring more, especially as the whole reason for your clubs existence seems to be a misplaced rivalry with Bolton who couldn't really care less if you went out of existence tomorrow. idav_uk
  • Score: -9

11:17am Wed 13 Aug 14

Eileenshakers says...

idav_uk wrote:
You failed to beat a Bolton side who played as poorly as I've seen them during the past decade. Dress it up as a glorious defeat if you like, but from this side of the fence it was a pretty even game between two poor sides, one of which edged it with quality in extra time.

Considering this is the biggest game in Bury's season - I was surprised you didn't bring more, especially as the whole reason for your clubs existence seems to be a misplaced rivalry with Bolton who couldn't really care less if you went out of existence tomorrow.
A typical mindless and unimportant comment from some Troll masquerading as a Trotters fan me thinks.
If you are a fan of BWFC then you won't be surprised at the poor attendance of your own fans,barely 7000 could be bothered to turn up for a local derby.
2500 shakers fans made a lot more noise than the sheepish Trotters,at least our fans didn't let us down just the referee and cheating tactics by the resulting penalty taker who belongs in league 1 with Chessy,that is about his level.
the Championship is an unforgiving league as BWFC will discover in their relegation fated season.
P.s with all of their debts how come your club is still in existence? Mmmm
[quote][p][bold]idav_uk[/bold] wrote: You failed to beat a Bolton side who played as poorly as I've seen them during the past decade. Dress it up as a glorious defeat if you like, but from this side of the fence it was a pretty even game between two poor sides, one of which edged it with quality in extra time. Considering this is the biggest game in Bury's season - I was surprised you didn't bring more, especially as the whole reason for your clubs existence seems to be a misplaced rivalry with Bolton who couldn't really care less if you went out of existence tomorrow.[/p][/quote]A typical mindless and unimportant comment from some Troll masquerading as a Trotters fan me thinks. If you are a fan of BWFC then you won't be surprised at the poor attendance of your own fans,barely 7000 could be bothered to turn up for a local derby. 2500 shakers fans made a lot more noise than the sheepish Trotters,at least our fans didn't let us down just the referee and cheating tactics by the resulting penalty taker who belongs in league 1 with Chessy,that is about his level. the Championship is an unforgiving league as BWFC will discover in their relegation fated season. P.s with all of their debts how come your club is still in existence? Mmmm Eileenshakers
  • Score: 10

12:25pm Wed 13 Aug 14

idav_uk says...

Aye. The people of Bolton have been rubbing their hands together with glee at the prospect of a mouth watering home tie against the bucket shakers.

Much as it might disappoint you to hear, drawing you in the cup caused very little excitement in Bolton. About as much anticipation as if we were playing Macclesfield or Chorley. ie - not very much.

Anyway - see you in another 10 years so you can have another day out.
Aye. The people of Bolton have been rubbing their hands together with glee at the prospect of a mouth watering home tie against the bucket shakers. Much as it might disappoint you to hear, drawing you in the cup caused very little excitement in Bolton. About as much anticipation as if we were playing Macclesfield or Chorley. ie - not very much. Anyway - see you in another 10 years so you can have another day out. idav_uk
  • Score: -10

1:23pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Ex Pat of Bury says...

idav_uk wrote:
You failed to beat a Bolton side who played as poorly as I've seen them during the past decade. Dress it up as a glorious defeat if you like, but from this side of the fence it was a pretty even game between two poor sides, one of which edged it with quality in extra time.

Considering this is the biggest game in Bury's season - I was surprised you didn't bring more, especially as the whole reason for your clubs existence seems to be a misplaced rivalry with Bolton who couldn't really care less if you went out of existence tomorrow.
Where did you get your crystal ball from---how do YOU know this is our biggest game of the season we might have Man Utd in the third rd of the cup for all you know dimwit.As for your lot looks like Bolton are on their way back down to join us,so if i where you i would focus on your premier memories as time goes by they are fading fast.Who knows Bolton v Bury may well be a league one fixture next year,ponder that one.
[quote][p][bold]idav_uk[/bold] wrote: You failed to beat a Bolton side who played as poorly as I've seen them during the past decade. Dress it up as a glorious defeat if you like, but from this side of the fence it was a pretty even game between two poor sides, one of which edged it with quality in extra time. Considering this is the biggest game in Bury's season - I was surprised you didn't bring more, especially as the whole reason for your clubs existence seems to be a misplaced rivalry with Bolton who couldn't really care less if you went out of existence tomorrow.[/p][/quote]Where did you get your crystal ball from---how do YOU know this is our biggest game of the season we might have Man Utd in the third rd of the cup for all you know dimwit.As for your lot looks like Bolton are on their way back down to join us,so if i where you i would focus on your premier memories as time goes by they are fading fast.Who knows Bolton v Bury may well be a league one fixture next year,ponder that one. Ex Pat of Bury
  • Score: 8

1:35pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Eileenshakers says...

idav_uk wrote:
Aye. The people of Bolton have been rubbing their hands together with glee at the prospect of a mouth watering home tie against the bucket shakers.

Much as it might disappoint you to hear, drawing you in the cup caused very little excitement in Bolton. About as much anticipation as if we were playing Macclesfield or Chorley. ie - not very much.

Anyway - see you in another 10 years so you can have another day out.
Only Fail fans make reference to bucket and our team's nickname in the same sentence,perhaps this troll has been identified me thinks.
Enjoy your final days in the Championship t'old lad for the team you claim to support is in decline and will be swapping places with The Lillywhites at the end of this season if they (Bw) haven't gone bust by then.
[quote][p][bold]idav_uk[/bold] wrote: Aye. The people of Bolton have been rubbing their hands together with glee at the prospect of a mouth watering home tie against the bucket shakers. Much as it might disappoint you to hear, drawing you in the cup caused very little excitement in Bolton. About as much anticipation as if we were playing Macclesfield or Chorley. ie - not very much. Anyway - see you in another 10 years so you can have another day out.[/p][/quote]Only Fail fans make reference to bucket and our team's nickname in the same sentence,perhaps this troll has been identified me thinks. Enjoy your final days in the Championship t'old lad for the team you claim to support is in decline and will be swapping places with The Lillywhites at the end of this season if they (Bw) haven't gone bust by then. Eileenshakers
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree