BOLTON Hockey Club's ladies' firsts were back to winning ways when they won 2-0 at Triton ladies firsts.

Bolton dominated from early on, their impressive attack leading to Rachael Gibb slipping the ball to Jenny Brookfield who skilfully shot reverse stick past the keeper and into the right-hand side of the goal.

It was 2-0 when captain Vicky Dean passed to a poised Jess Harwood who fired the ball high into the back of the net. Donna Godwyn was exceptional in defence, keeping Triton at bay with super tackles and exceptional communication with the rest of the team.

Overall it was an excellent team performance leaving Bolton third in North Division Two South West.

Elsewhere, a depleted ladies seconds were beaten 3-1 at Didsbury fourths

With some new players and a different line-up from the week before, Bolton were second best early on as Didsbury went 1-0 up.

Bolton got themselves together and started to look like a team just before half time.

After the break, they came out stronger and began to put the pressure on with some good build-up play earning several short corners which they were unlucky not to score from.

Didsbury scored another two before Bolton’s hard work paid off.

The initial shot from Fiona Clarke was saved only to be kicked out to Amy Clarkes who was there to put the ball in the back of the net.

The scoreline did not do Bolton justice and there were some solid performances from new players Lara King and Christiana Fatus, who was given player of the match.

It was also a disappointing day for the men's seconds who lost 4-1 at home against Warrington.

Bolton went into their game still searching for their first win but started well and took the lead through the returning Adam Anwar, who picked up on some pinball hockey into the Warrington D.

However, the lead was short-lived and a mad two minutes left Bolton 2-1 behind at the break.

Despite coming out the better side again, Bolton were undone through the middle and pegged back to 3-1.

Eventually Warrington put the game beyond doubt from a short corner to make it 4-1.

However, Bolton did not give up and kept going until the end with Marcus Starr battling in the D to beat the keeper.

There was better news for the men's first team who returned from West Derby with a hard-fought 4-1 victory on Saturday.

Bolton, who have maximum points in the league so far this season, faced a Liverpudlian side who have yet to pick up their first point of the season.

And the form book rang true when Bolton went ahead in the first half after a good run down the right by Damien Pearse saw him pull the ball back towards the ever-present Rob Lord to score.

It remained 1-0 at half time but after the break, the visitors doubled their advantage thanks to a well-worked short-corner routine with Martin Luke providing the league's top scorer Damien Pearse with his first goal of the game.

It was soon 3-0 with more good passing play from defence up to Keith Stanley who provided Pearse with his second and his 11th in five games.

Bolton made it 4-0 with a superb cross from Yusuf Patel for Stanley to deflect into the goal before West Deby netted a consolation with just a few minutes left.