WANDERERS held out under heavy pressure with 10 men to secure a point at Nottingham Forest.

Dougie Freedman's side needed to dig deep after defending for long spells at the City Ground, and finding themselves a man down when Marcos Alonso was given a second yellow card by referee Keith Stroud.

Forest had peppered the Wanderers goal for an hour and found themselves deservedly ahead when Andy Reid drilled into the bottom corner.

But Craig Davies came off the bench to snatch his second equaliser in a week by turning home a cross from fellow replacement David Ngog.

For a long while, only keeper Adam Bogdan's belligerence kept Forest at bay.

The Hungarian made four excellent saves in the first half as Wanderers spent long spells camped on the edge of their own penalty box.

Henri Lansbury and Radoslaw Majewski were denied within seconds of each other just four minutes into the contest before Bogdan slapped away a swerving effort from Reid.

Majewski then tried his luck again from distance with another shot that danced all over the place, but Bogdan was again equal to it.

Things improved briefly for the Whites in the second half as the returning Mark Davies – back from the shoulder injury that had kept him out since December – slashed a shot just over the bar.

Only a last ditch block from Darren Pratley prevented Lansbury from opening the scoring just before the hour mark but it proved only a temporary reprieve as Reid soon blasted his side into the lead from the edge of the box.

Only moments earlier, Freedman had thrown on Chris Eagles to try and change the course of the game.

And the feeling got worse when Kevin Davies spurned a golden opportunity to equalise moments later, seizing on to a poor backpass from Chris Cohen, only for keeper Darlow to deny him at the last possible moment.

Last week's heroes David Ngog and Craig Davies were thrown on from the bench and just like the derby game against Burnley, it would be two subs who changed the game.

Pratley produced a marvellous pass to send Ngog on his way down the right, and his cross was tapped in with glee by Craig Davies from close range.

The game suddenly lurched back in Forest's favour when Alonso received his marching orders with 10 minutes to go for a second bookable offence.

And that certainly put Wanderers under the cosh, as shots rained in on Bogdan's goal late on.

Reid flashed a free kick just past the post, while Darius Henderson headed just over the bar.