Ferrari's Fernando Alonso has played down the significance of his absence from the opening pre-season test at Jerez next week.
The Maranello team's 2013 car, the F138, was unveiled on Friday and will be put into action for the first time at the Spanish circuit on Tuesday, with Alonso's team-mate Felipe Massa and test driver Pedro de la Rosa sharing the duties.
"The first test is a general test in which one checks that all the components are put together properly," said Alonso. "Given the short amount of time available, we have decided that I will concentrate on the following tests."
He went on: "In the meantime, I will continue with my preparation and will follow the Jerez test, keeping in touch with Felipe and Pedro and analysing the data acquired by the engineers.
"To be 100% fit from now until November will require combining training and resting."
The arrangement also suits Massa, who is eager to get back on the track as soon as possible after ending 2012 with a string of significantly improved performances.
"The first test is very useful to understand the direction in which we should go and where we need to do the most work," the Brazilian said.
"Last year, I had a very positive second half to the season and I really want to get back on track and continue with the work that has seen me improve a lot over the past years."