Hull FC avenged last season's painful play-off defeat by Huddersfield with a 30-6 victory in their First Utility Super League match at the KC Stadium.

Hull's 2013 season ended in embarrassing fashion as they were hammered 76-18 at the John Smith's Stadium, their third defeat of the year against the Giants.

The Black and Whites appeared determined to right the wrongs of that night as they got off to a blistering start, with Fetuli Talanoa and Richard Whiting both crossing in the first six minutes.

Two more tries quickly followed from Jordan Rankin and Danny Houghton before a converted Jodie Broughton score ensured Huddersfield went into the break only 20-6 behind.

Rankin kicked for half-back partner Jacob Miller to touch down in the early stages of the second half and Dean Hadley made sure of the two points with his first-ever Super League try.

Both teams headed into the contest on the back of heartbreaking Tetley's Challenge Cup defeats but only one side appeared to be suffering a hangover in the opening exchanges.

The Giants were their own worst enemies as they gifted Hull an eight-point start.

After a lengthy stoppage following an injury to Chris Bailey, Scott Grix had the ball stripped by Whiting and the Black and Whites quickly shifted the ball from right to left before Talanoa overpowered Jermaine McGillvary for a try in the corner.

The second try came after Joe Wardle flicked a loose pass by Danny Brough back infield but only into the path of Whiting, who hacked the ball on and gathered to touch down.

There was more to come as Hull were awarded a penalty close to the Huddersfield line after an altercation between Grix and Gareth Ellis, setting the platform for Rankin to squeeze over on the short side.

The Airlie Birds were rampant and stretched their lead out further as Whiting broke down the right and Houghton scored under the sticks after the ball had passed through the hands of Jamie Shaul and Rankin.

Two pieces of magic from Brough got Huddersfield back into the match. He forced a repeat set with a neat kick into the in-goal area before flinging a long pass out for Broughton to score in the left corner.

Huddersfield were quickly out of the blocks at the start of the second half but Hull got the next try after determined work by Ellis.

The former England forward stripped the ball from Brough's grasp following a ferocious hit and Hull's halves backed that play up - Miller leaping highest to claim Rankin's kick and put the ball down between the posts.

The final score came from another kick, with Hadley bravely picking up Kirk Yeaman's dab through at the feet of Grix to slide over.

Both teams were reduced to 12 men on 64 minutes when Brough and Whiting were sin-binned after a set-to and that was the last incident of note as Huddersfield slumped to their fourth successive defeat in all competitions.