Matty Bowen helped himself to three tries as Wigan booked their place in the quarter-finals of the Challenge Cup with an efficient 52-8 victory over Hunslet.

Wigan ran in seven tries in the first half, killing the contest, to lead 42-8 and make the second half largely a question of playing out time.

Matty Smith crossed twice for the Warriors and added eight goals, while there were also tries for George Williams, Liam Farrell, Dan Sarginson and Jordan James.

Justin Carney scored four tries as Castleford breezed into the quarter-finals for the first time since 2011 after seeing off the threat of Championship side Sheffield in a 12-try romp.

The result was rarely in doubt despite Sheffield posting the first try of the afternoon after just three minutes as Super League side Castleford came through to win 60-16.

Jamie Ellis went over for a pair of tries and Grant Millington, Ashley gibson, Kirk Dixon, Daryl Clark, Jordan Tansey and Oliver Holmes also breached the Eagles' defence.

Warrington stand-off Chris Bridge claimed a 36-point haul as the Wolves eased into the quarter-finals with a 68-0 thrashing of Championship outfit Doncaster.

Bridge scored four tries and landed 10 goals from 12 attempts, while winger Kevin Penny also claimed a hat-trick of tries in the rout at the Halliwell Jones stadium.

The Wolves, who have tasted Challenge Cup glory at Wembley on three occasions in the last five years, scored further tries from Matty Russell, Ryan Atkins, Joel Monaghan, Rhys Evans and Brad Dwyer.

Danny Craven made the most of his last-minute call-up by steering Widnes into the last eight.

The 22-year-old half-back was drafted in by Vikings coach Denis Betts for his fifth appearance of the season when Grant Gore was injured in the warm-up and he went on to play a key role in their 30-20 fifth-round win over a mis-firing Salford.

Full-back Rhys Hanbury scored two of Widnes' five tries in a match they dominated for an hour but almost let victory slip from their grasp in a thrilling finish as the Red Devils staged a dramatic fight back.

Bradford savoured some temporary relief from their Super League struggles by earning a place in the quarter-finals with a battling 33-20 comeback win over Catalan Dragons.

The bottom of the table Bulls, who shipped in a massive 130 points in two games over the Easter period, made an awful start, conceding three tries in the opening 13 minutes.

But, with four players back from injury and illness and bolstered by the midweek loan signing of Jay Pitts from Hull, the home side replied with 30 unanswered points in less than half an hour to turn a 16-0 deficit into a 30-16 lead.

The Dragons, losing finalists in 2007, responded with a try but lost their composure in a frantic attempt to repair the damage allowing the Bulls a place in the last-eight draw for the first time since 2010.

Bradford's Jamie Foster, returning after being taken sick over Easter, claimed two tries in a 20-point personal haul from two tries and six goals.

Leigh's in-form half-back Ryan Brierley scored a hat-trick of tries to help his side reach the last eight with a 26-16 victory over Championship rivals Featherstone in their fifth-round tie at Leigh Sports Village.

Brierley, who is the Championship's runaway leading scorer with 17 tries so far this season, touched down twice in the first half and completed his hat-trick six minutes from the end to end Rovers' resistance and maintain the only unbeaten record in the game this year.

Three-quarters Will Sharp and James Mendeika scored two tries apiece for the visitors, who were level at 12-12 at the break, but Gareth Moore and Kyle Briggs missed all four kicks at goal between them.