FIFA's security chief has admitted that lapses in crowd control have been "embarrassing" but said that fresh measures to improve standards had yet to be finalised.
A serious failure in security measures before Spain's World Cup match against Chile at the Maracana in Rio saw 87 Chile fans detained after they forced their way past staff at an entrance and charged through the main media centre.
Ralf Mutschke, FIFA's director of security, said: "It is embarrassing. We have to protect the media there is no doubt about it and we also have to protect the fans.
"They came in through a little gate in the outer perimeter and we have had meetings yesterday evening and this morning to assess the situation and to ensure that this will not be repeated. I am confident with measures being discussed this will not happen again."
Mutschke said the new measures had not been finalised but that he had been in talks with both the local organising committee and the Brazilian government.
There have been other security lapses at the World Cup, including some ticketless Argentina fans being filmed climbing over fencing into the Maracana on Sunday.
In Fortaleza, meanwhile, a new private security firm has been hired after 200 staff who were meant to be searching supporters at the Brazil v Mexico game failed to turn up for work.
In Cuiaba, fireworks were set off during Chile's opening match of the tournament against Australia.