TRAFFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS and CONSERVATION AREAS) ACT 1990, Section 69 & 71.Notice ID: AC3507260
TRAFFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL
PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS and CONSERVATION AREAS) ACT 1990, Section 69 & 71. Supplementary Planning Documents:-Conservation Area Appraisal - Ashton upon Mersey Conservation Area Management Plan - Ashton upon Mersey Conservation Area Appraisal - Brogden Grove Conservation Area Management Plan - Brogden Grove Conservation Area Appraisal - Dunham Town Conservation Area Management Plan - Dunham Town Conservation Area Appraisal - Dunham Woodhouses Conservation Area Management Plan - Dunham Woodhouses Conservation Area Appraisal - Empress Conservation Area Management Plan - Empress Conservation Area Appraisal - Flixton Conservation Area Management Plan - Flixton Conservation Area Appraisal - Longford Conservation Area Management Plan - Longford Conservation Area Appraisal - Warburton Conservation Area Management Plan - Warburton
NOTICE IS GIVEN under the provisions of the 1990 Act that Trafford Council has determined that the areas described in the Schedule to this Notice are of special architectural or historic interest, and that it is desirable to preserve or enhance their character or appearance. Conservation Area Appraisals (CAAs) are a concise description of the Conservation Area and they highlight those elements of the historical, architectural and natural environment that contribute to the special interest of the area. Conservation Area Management Plans are the next step after the character statement and they provide guidance through policy statements to assist in the preservation and enhancement of the Conservation Area.
The effect of the designation of the Conservation Areas is as follows:-
1. The council is under a duty to prepare proposals to ensure the preservation or enhancement of the area.
2. Special publicity must be given to planning applications for development in the area.
3. In carrying out any functions under the planning Acts (and, in particular, in determining applications for planning permission and listed building consent), the council and Secretary of State are required to take into account the desirability of the area of preserving or enhancing the character of the area or appearance of the area.
4. Planning Permission is usually required to totally or substantially demolish buildings or structures within a conservation area.
5. The extent of 'permitted' development is reduced, such as cladding, extensions to the side of the original dwelling or the installation of satellite dishes.
6. Trees with a stem diameter of 75mm or greater, measured at 1.5 metres from soil level, enjoy a measure of protection if they stand in a designated conservation area. The Council requires sixweeks written notice ofanyproposed felling or pruning ofsuch trees, other than the removal of dead wood and the felling of dead and/or dangerous trees, which do not require notification.
7. Certain categories of advertisement which have deemed consent under the Advertisement Regulations are restricted in conservation areas.
Ashton upon Mersey Schedule
No changes to the boundary of the conservation area. Brogden Grove Schedule
Theboundaryisextendedtoinclude: theginnels,or alleywaysthatrun behindeach ofthe terraces of houses.
Dunham Town Schedule
The boundary is extended to include: Dunham Town Bridge and Dunham School Bridge on School Lane and Back Lane, respectively. The triangular plot bounded by Smithy Lane, Charcoal Road and Woodhouse Lane at the south east-corner. Dunham Woodhouses Schedule
The boundary is extended to include: The Hollies, 1-2 Hollybank and the Rope & Anchor public houses to the north. Also the strip of land between Village Farm House and The Hollies (now in agricultural use), and the Cottage and Azalea Cottage to the south-east. Empress Schedule
The boundary is extended to include: Nos. 464-470 Chester Road. Empress Mill, No.1 Lund Street and associated warehouses, No.16 Hadfield Street, J Parkers Hadfield Street, AC House Lund Street. Nos.4 and 5 Darwen Street. The plot of land at the junction of East Union Street, Chester Road and Northumberland Road which is now vacant land has been excluded.
Nos. 352-364 Church Road has been excluded. Longford Schedule
The boundary is extended to include: the former Firswood Library, entrance gates, community centre and shared car park to the north east. Also the car park and tennis/ basketball courts to the south.
The boundary is extended to include: the Toll Cottage and original bridge across the dried-up section of the River Mersey to the north. Townfield House, the former Wigsey Farm buildings and the Paddock lake Farm buildings to the east.
In accordance with the Councils Statement of Community Involvement notice is hereby given that the above-mentioned SPDs were adopted by Trafford Council's Executive on 31 October 2016.
Availability of documents
Copies of the adopted SPDs and the consultation statements are available for public inspection at all public libraries/Access Trafford offices in Trafford, during normal opening hours. Additionally the documentation can be viewed on the Council's website: www.trafford.gov.uk.
Rebecca Coley- Head of Planning and Development