TURTON kept themselves in the mix for promotion to the top tier flight after getting back to winning ways with a 4-1 victory against Lytham.

Tom Morgan opened the scoring following a quick-fire move from the kick-off, which ended with his 30-yard shot rippling the net.

Phil Johnson added another long-range effort after a great cross by Dave Hanlon before Lytham pulled one goal back from the penalty spot after Matt Eckersley was adjudged to have handled the ball in the area.

Turton dominated the second half and Kieron Sisson kept up his fine goal-scoring form before Danny Locke added a fourth.

Manager Neil Johnson said: “The margin of victory should have been greater, but Neil Hart and I were pleased with the overall performance.”

Tempest United, who were relegated from the Premier Division last season, continued their stuttering start to life in Division One with a 2-1 defeat to Poulton.

A luckless first half saw United concede after two minutes then thwarted after a Liam Stewart goal was disallowed before they gave away a penalty to go into the break two goals down.

James Hamer pulled one back in the second half and Sean Rothwell had another goal disallowed before the Poulton keeper pulled off two stunning save to deny Tempest a point.

Bolton County remain rooted to the bottom of the Division One table after a 4-3 defeat to Askam United.

Linford Stewart, Liam Short and Tom Aspin were on target for County.

Eagley caretaker boss Simon Whaley says it is back to the drawing board after a disappointing 1-0 defeat to Burnley United left them second bottom of the Premier Division table.

The ex-Preston, Norwich City and Bury player is looking forward to taking sessions to discuss the positives and negatives from the game ahead of their Lancashire Amateur Shield tie with Hindsford.

He said: “We were really unlucky and the lads did really well.

“I thought we controlled long spells as they got a man sent off and we were looking good.

“The disappointing thing is we created lots of chances but could have been there until it went dark and I don’t think they would have gone in. Credit to Burnley they had a chance and put it away.”

In Division Two, goalkeeper Ryan Kirkman inspired CMB to a 2-1 win against Milnthorpe Corinthians. He pulled off a number of saves to keep the score down to 1-0 before second-half strikes from Liam Carr and Callum Yearsley saw the Chew Moor outfit fightback to pick up three points.

Sam Parkinson missed a penalty but scored from open play to help an under-strength Ladybridge side keep up their promotion chase with a 1-0 win against Croston.

Manager Dave Walker, who was missing six first-team regulars, said: “It was a well deserved win at a tough place to go. We felt we were the better side throughout the game and if we had finished our chances it would have been far more comfortable.

“A great return to his former club for Matty (Unsworth), who put in a faultless performance to help the team take all three points.”

Two goals from John Smalley and one from Jimmy Freebourne were not enough to lead Stoneclough to victory as they lost 8-3 against Furness Rovers.