SATURDAY, November 15 could be the date in the history books for one of Bolton's highest-ranked West Lancashire Football clubs.

That was the day Simon Whaley's Eagley showed their determination to stay in the top flight by beating reigning champions Charnock Richard 2-1.

It is early days to be talking about the Great Escape but two wins in as many matches against Euxton Villa and Charnock have given them hope.

Jack Horan put Eagley ahead on 25 minutes. Carl Grimshaw netted Charnock Richard's equaliser soon after but Tom Pryce bagged the winner three minutes from time.

Whaley said: "We have got a core of players and they seem to be a team who want to stay in here.

"We could have been two or three goals up with good chances.

"We came in at half-time and the heads did not drop and kept pushing them until the goals came.

"Charnock are a good side and won the league a couple of times so it is a good result."

There was drama in the Lancashire Amateur Shield Fourth Round tie between Tempest United and AFC Monton.

One minute in, goalkeeper Paul Eatock suffered a suspected mini-stroke on the pitch which saw centre-half Tom Halligan take over in goal.

Eatock has since returned home after tests and is okay.

Tempest missed four good chances in the first half but were 1-0 down at the break and although they had more chances in the second half they were caught on the break, going down 2-0.

Elsewhere, CMB defeat high-flying Longridge 3-2.

Phil Robert's side came from a goal down to lead 2-1 with a Michael McGinlay brace. Longridge levelled the scores but with time running out Matt Carr netted CMB's winner.

In Division One, two Danny Horrocks goals and one from Linford Stewart helped Bolton County to their first win of the season beating GSK Ulverston Rangers 3-1.

Elsewhere, Turton produced a five-star display beating Ambleside United 5-0 to go top of the table.

Two goals from Kieran Sisson and one each from Dylan Winstanley, Tom Morgan and Damien Keegan sealed the points.

Ladybridge progressed to the next round of the Challenge Cup with a hard-fought 2-1 win away at Milnthorpe.

Benson Johnson opened the scoring in the 50th minute after a strong run and doubled the lead 10 minutes later.

Ladybridge held on despite conceded a disputed penalty 20 minutes from time.