LEADERS Bolton began the business end of the season with a bang as they cruised to a convincing 4-0 victory against long-standing rivals Lytham St Annes, who were forced to play most of the game with 10 men.

A head injury to a Lytham player just five minutes into the game meant that they were forced to play the remaining 65 minutes with a man less with only 10 men.

And Bolton took full advantage of their numerical superiority in a one-sided affair.

The home side opened their account after 10 minutes when Flanagan finished well, lifting the ball over the goalkeeper from an incisive pass from Luke.

Bolton's second followed soon after when Short dispatched a trademark shot from distance on the right side of the area to put the game beyond Lytham's reach at half-time.

Bolton managed to stay focused after the break and came out with the same clinical attitude that has got them to top of the table.

A third was added after another good pass from Luke founds Woods, and he scored with a neat turn and low flick into the corner to beat the keeper's dive.

Flanagan completed the victory when he netted his second. Good work from Aitken down the left wing found Flanagan with time to pick his spot and hammer the ball home with a sweet reverse-stick strike.

Bolton face their toughest challenge yet as they travel to second-placed on Saturday.

The seconds travelled to Carlisle with just 11 players, but came away with a hard-fought point in a 1-1 draw.

Bolton started brightly causing the home team lots of problems, and took a deserved lead when Rob Davies fired home from a well-worked short corner routine.

The game was fast and furious as both teams went flat out to collect all three points.

The visitors led at half-time but Carlisle equalised after the break with a deserved goal after 10 minutes of pressure which Bolton failed to ride out.

Bolton could have taken all the points but last-ditch defending from a stubborn Carlisle defence meant the game finished with honours even.

Second-placed Bolton thirds boosted their title hopes with an impressive 3-0 victory over mid-table Didsbury Northern, despite missing five players.

There was a lively start to the game with both teams creating chances, but Bolton's midfield looked strong and created some excellent chances with only some great saves by Didsbury's goalkeeper keeping the score goalless.

But in-form Bolton did break the deadlock on 30 minutes when Keith Stanley produced a dramatic dive to get the touch needed to beat the keeper following a good move.

Bolton went in at half-time feeling there were more goals in the game, and the second half started as the first ended with Bolton's defence providing support for the midfield and the attack. Didsbury's shot-stopper continued to make some excellent saves before Simon Coles managed to capitalise on another good move.

Peter Sutherland slotted home number three with a divine lift over the goalkeeper.

Captain Carl Philbin won man of the match for his workrate, sheer tenacity and play-making which proved just too much for the oppositon.

Bolton once again played a disciplined game, spreading the ball around the pitch and capitalising on the space created. With a goal disallowed and a penalty flick appeal declined Bolton need a little bit of luck and more goals will follow.

The fourths drew 4-4 with Lytham St Annes, Bolton fifths went down 2-0 against Formby and the sixths shared the points following a 2-2 draw with Didsbury Northern.