BSF Over-35s League THE first two finals were played on a gloriously sunny day at Eagley FC and in the Division One Cup Final, Colliers Rest put in a powerful performance to beat Turton FC 5-3 and lift the trophy.

The Colliers flew out of the traps as soon as the whistle blew and within 15 minutes were 3-0 up, and by half-time were leading 5-1 thanks to a hat-trick from man-of-the-match Steve Bevan and two from Roy Naylor.

Turton were left shell-shocked with only Darren Henderson's consolation to show for a poor first half, but the half-time team talk stirred them into action and in the second half they put in a much better display.

Two goals from Ian Horrocks gave a little respectability to the score-line and a few flutters to the heartbeats of the Colliers lads, but they sat back and comfortably held on to lift the trophy and celebrate a great day.

The Division Two Cup Final was a bit of an anti-climax after the goals and action of the first game and, although the Bay Mare Strollers started brightly and rattled the woodwork three times, they could not breach the Pennington FC defence.

As the game drew on, Pennington got a grip of the midfield and started to dominate. It was their turn to squander with some gilt edged chances to score and win the match, but at full-time the score remained 0-0. Extra time was a dour affair and as penalties loomed, man-of-the-match Chris Patterson got on the end of a great cross and nodded in the winner to break the Bay's hearts and win the game for Pennington.

In the Sam Ashworth Trophy, a much delayed second round match got played and Ainsworth B wished they had stayed at home as they were thrashed 10-1 by a rampant Garswood United who now meet Turton FC in the Quarter Final.

A hat-trick from McKewan, two a piece for Gough and Atherton and further goals from Stokes, Deakin and Yates completed the rout and Tony Broadbent's goal did little to cheer Ainsworth's mood at all.

In the quarter final match, Dobbies A beat De La Salle 5-0, but it did not reflect a true picture of the game as De La Salle squandered some great chances early on, and if they had converted a couple of them, it would have been a very different game. However, it was Dobbies who took their chances with a brace from Brian Howarth and one each for Walton, Whittiker and Hutchinson to book a semi final spot against Daten AFC.

In League action, Dobbies B moved four points clear at the top of Division Two after a solid 2-0 win over the Bowling Green and now need just six points from their last five games to secure the title.

Walkden Wrecks and Walkden Fives cut each other's throats in the chase to catch Dobbies as they fought out a 1-1 draw. Tony Chapman put the Wrecks in front before Des Morris equalised for Fives, who then missed a glorious chance to win the match with a second half penalty, but a superb save by Chris Littler in Wrecks nets salvaged a point for them.

Park Wanderers beat Ram United 3-1 to move into fifth place thanks to goals from Barry Byrom, Dave Hanley and Lee Sutton's first goal for more than 13 years.

It was a great performance considering that they played most of the match with 10 men due to injuries.

In Division Three, The Pineapple closed up in second place after a hard fought battling 2-1 win over Golborne Parkside with Mark McKlocklan scoring a peach of a goal from 40 yards - his first in over three years.

Ainsworth As midweek 4-1 win over Ainsworth B means that just one win out of their last two games will secure the league title for them.

The Crofters title challenge finally ran out of steam after Real Victoria beat them 3-1, thanks to two goals from Cheetham and one from Jenkins, and the result moves Real Victoria up to fourth place.

Seedfield Sports moved out of the bottom two after thumping Breightmet United 4-1 thanks mainly to a Paul Roydes hat trick and are searching for mid-table security.