TRIBUTES have been paid to aspiring musician 23-year-old Carlton Alexander who was stabbed to death in Bolton.

Mr Alexander died in hospital hours after being found injured in Brightmeadow Close, Breightmet, where his girlfriend Keshia Seaton lived.

Using the stage name Kilo Carlton, Mr Alexander rapped on a record, What's Crackin Then, which was created by Bolton producer Trouble and released in April.

The producer said: "He's my best mate. It's still early and I'm still in shock. He's one of my close friends.

"He was very popular and was an up and coming rap artist who I work alongside at the studio I work at."

Mr Alexander attended Bedford High School in Leigh where he was a promising athlete.

A post on the school's Twitter page said: "Our condolences to the family of former Bedford High School student, Carlton Alexander, who has passed away."

Click on the photograph below to view the picture gallery 

The Bolton News:

He was also a former member of Leigh Harriers Athletic Club and a member of their sprint team.

A spokesman for the club said: "It is very sad and our thoughts are with his family."

Friends and relatives also turned to social media to pay their tributes to Mr Alexander.

Dannie Lowe posted: "Yesterday my best friend's world was turned upside down by the loss of her boyfriend.

"I still cannot believe this is happening.

"Not only will I look after her for you.

"I will make sure the kids never forget you, you did so much for them and was the best father figure.

"You were a good man Carlton and you had your whole life ahead of you.

"You did not deserve this. May you rest with all the other angels and be at peace

"I'll see you again sometime but until then look down on us all and pray that justice will be done and everyone stays safe."

Mr Alexander was discovered at 4.15am on Sunday by police officers who had been called to a "disturbance".

Exactly what happened in the early hours of Sunday morning to cause Mr Alexander to lose his life is still unclear.

Four men — two aged 29, one aged 30 and one aged 31 — were arrested and questioned on Sunday on suspicion of murder and violent disorder.

A fifth suspect, a 21-year-old man, was arrested on Monday morning on suspicion of violent disorder.

The police cordon, which initially blocked off access to the whole of Brightmeadow Close from its junction with Milnthorpe Road, was later moved back to seal off just a few homes in the road's small cul-de-sac.

A police forensics tent was put up outside one of the homes yesterday as officers examined the scene.

Police also cordoned off a patch of overgrown scrubland at the top of the road that leads to Crossdale Road and it is believed a search team was due to later comb the land for clues.

One neighbour said of Mr Alexander: "He seemed a very nice lad and she was really nice. She had a little boy and a little girl.

"We're all just shocked. It's just tragic.

"We woke up on Sunday morning and it was like a scene from CSI.

"It's not something you expect to see on your driveway.

"He was very well known, looking at the number of tributes and 'likes' on Facebook."

Matthew Harrison, chief executive of Great Places Housing Group, which owns homes in Brightmeadow Close, said: "Our deepest sympathies go to the family and friends of the young man who was killed.

"This is a quiet, family friendly area and residents are obviously shocked about what has happened.

"We are liaising with the police to provide reassurance to the local community during this distressing time and our staff will be available to discuss any concerns residents may have."