THE younger siblings of tragic teenager Latham Schofield have spoken of the “massive hole” his death has left in their family.

17-year-old Latham was killed in a horror crash in Plodder Lane, Farnworth yesterday morning.

His family — including younger sister Grace, aged seven and nine-year-old brother Patrick have paid emotional tributes to their big brother.

Grace said: “We miss you and we don’t want you to have to go to heaven. I want you back. Do you remember us all? We miss you Latham.”

Patrick added: “Latham’s death has left a massive hole in the family that won’t ever be filled — we really miss you.”

Members of his family added: "Latham was a loving son, brother, grandson, uncle, nephew, cousin and friend.

"He was always making people laugh.

"Latham was a Bolton Wanderers season ticket holder and went with his brother Jason to every home match and some away matches.

“He loved his family holidays and we have just returned from a holiday to Pontins at New Year.

"We all miss him very much.

"He could be cheeky and silly sometimes but that made us all love him even more.

"He made us all laugh and when we got a glimpse of his sensitive side we could all see just how amazingly loving and caring he really was.”

Best friend Anand Patel, aged 19, who went to Bolton College with Latham who was studying Motor vehicles said he has so many happy memories of his friend.

He said: "I have been friends with Latham since we were about 12.

"Me, him and my brother were always together and used to go on the park and play football.

"He always had a smile on his face and was always making people laugh.

"I still don't believe it, it doesn't feel real."

Family and friends will be lighting candles in tribute to Latham in Great Lever Park tonight.


Police were called to the scene of the crash in Plodder Lane, after reports that a silver Renault Megane had collided with a tree.

Officers said that four people had been travelling in the car.

Latham Schofield, who was a passenger in the car received fatal injuries and was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

A Joshua Rawlinson, was taken to Bolton Hospital with serious head injuries, but is believed to now be in a stable condition.

A 18 and 19-year-old were arrested by police.