A FAMILY'S desperate search for answers about how an otherwise fit and healthy 29-year-old died came to a tearful conclusion at an inquest.

After a five-hour quest for reasons behind the untimely death it was found that Jack Taylor died after suffering a massive bleed in the brain caused by the use of cocaine.

Mr Taylor died on January 4.

The family appointed friend Emma Burton as their representative to ask witnesses, including paramedics, questions about Mr Taylor's treatment.

Consultant Histopathologist Dr Muhammad Bashir at Royal Bolton Hospital said toxicology results showed there was a small amount cannabinoids and cocaine metabolites.

Dr Bashir gave the cause of death as intracerebral haemorrhage due to cocaine use.

"In this situation cocaine is associated with intracerebral haemorrhage," said Dr Bashir

Bolton Coroners Court heard that Mr Taylor, a father-of-two, smoked cannabis and would also take cocaine a couple of times a week.

On the day he fell ill, Mr Taylor spoke about having an headache and pins and needles in his arms while working near to Blackpool, erecting scaffolding on January 2.

Just before 5pm, he met up with friend Saul Blackley to help him assemble a wardrobe at this house in Horwich, and it was during the evening his condition deteriorated

Mr Blackley, told the hearing that Mr Taylor had had some cannabis and may have taken some cocaine after work.

But added: "He was fine, his normal self."

Jack went in the kitchen at around 8pm.

"He (Jack) could not pick up a glass in my kitchen. When he told me I thought he was joking, I remember two, three times he said it, I said we are going to ring an ambulance."

Mr Blackley added: "He was boiling up, I got a wet towel and starting patting him down."

First to arrive on the scene was registered nurse David Styles, who is also a volunteer enhanced community first responder who was mobilised along with paramedics.

Mr Styles said he found Mr Taylor in "quite a distressed state and quite confused".

"I knew he was very poorly," said Mr Styles.

Soon after a another community first responder attended, following by an paramedic in a rapid respond vehicle.

He was given Diazepam by the first paramedic as Mr Taylor was showing seizure like symptoms and was carried out of the house in a chair before being moved on to a stretcher in to the waiting ambulance where he was given another shot of the drug because he was still experiencing "some seizure activity".

The family questioned the amount of Diazepam administered and the administering of oxygen

Mr Phoenix said: "My thought was the patient was having a cerebral event, we cannot treat cerebral event on the scene."

Mr Taylor was taken to Salford Royal Hospital and a CT scan revealed a very large bleed directly in the brain tissue and "massive swelling" and was described as an "unsurvivable event".

Critical care consultant Richard Protheroe said: "At the time he was found in the kitchen the bleed was already significant."

He said he believed that if the patient had presented the same symptoms in the hospital the outcome would have been no different.

Dr Protheroe said those who are healthy should not suffer this condition.

"It does happen but in patients with underlying medical conditions."

He said that he had seen young men and women who took cocaine were at risk of suffering this.

"We have seen this happen time to time," said Dr Protheroe, who said over time blood vessels become brittle.

In a statement written by Mr Taylor's mother, Amanda Taylor read out by assistant coroner: "Jack had a son and a daughter, he doted on them and spend as much time as he could with them.

"He was not work shy."

The statement added: "We are totally devastated that Jack was taken from us so early. He will be missed terribly by all of his family and friends."

Ms Galloway concluded the death was drug-related.

She said: "The CT scan showed a bleed inside the brain, it was inoperable.

"This was not a consequence of trauma, it was the caused by the use of cocaine.

"I do find, on the balance of probabilities no earlier intervention could alter the outcome of this case.

"Many young people my age and of those present, young people like Jack will take cocaine and if anything can be taken away it is the awareness of the risks associated."