A MUM is demanding answers after her two-year-old daughter died after contracting a tummy bug following a holiday at a hotel in Turkey.

Little Allie Birchall, from Atherton, suffered E.Coli poisoning and developed complications after staying at the five Crystal Sunset Luxury Resort and Spa, east of Antayla.

Her life support was switched off and Allie died on August 3, less than two weeks after returning home from holiday.

Mum, Katie Dawson, told how all the family suffered from gastric symptoms during their 10-day stay.

The family had travelled to Turkey with tour operator Jet2 Holidays on July 12.

Katie said they had concerns over the hygiene at the resort, including faeces in a swimming pool and food not been properly heated. She said: “Food was sometimes left uncovered and occasionally served lukewarm, and there were birds occasionally flying around the food.“We saw faeces in the swimming pool and I spoke to other holidaymakers who saw the faeces in the pool on more than one occasion, and staff just scooped it out without closing the pool or giving it a thorough clean.“The walls in the children’s toilets were also smeared with faeces. It was disgusting."

Allie became ill five days after returning home when she began suffering stomach cramps and diarrhoea.

She was admitted to the Royal Bolton Hospital on July 30. It was confirmed that Allie had contracted Shiga-Toxin producing E.Coli (STEC), which led to her developing deadly Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome (HUS).

Allie was moved to the Manchester Royal Infirmary and put in an induced coma on August 1.

An MRI scan was carried out, which revealed that she had sustained severe brain trauma and damage. Katie had to make the difficult decision to terminate Allie’s life support following the advice from doctors.

She died on August 3.

Katie said: “We want to make people more aware of the signs and symptoms of STEC HUS. I keep thinking that if I had known about the condition, then I would have probably taken Allie to hospital sooner and it wouldn’t have ended the way it did. While nothing will bring her back, we need to know what caused her illness and if anything could have been done to prevent it."

The family have instructed lawyers, Irwin Mitchell, to investigate what happened.

Public Health England is also currently investigating the matter, and an inquest has been opened to examine the circumstances surrounding Allie’s death.