A DISABLED woman was left terrified after "morons" set her wheelie bin on fire causing a huge blaze.

Pauline Sefton was asleep as flames blazed in her front garden on Ashley Avenue at around 11pm on Thursday.

The 55-year-old was woken up by firefighters after a neighbour raised the alarm.

She said: "I have no idea why someone has done this.

"I'm just grateful that the car wasn't on the drive like it normally is or things could have been much worse.

"It just didn't seem real, it didn't hit me until I saw the photo the Police put on Facebook."

Police say the fire was caused by someone putting fireworks into Pauline's empty garden waste bin.

The bin caught fire, with flames spreading to a nearby garden swing, making the living room window crack due to the heat.

The wheelie bin was moved from its normal location to a spot closer to the house.

Pauline's next door neighbour, Joanne, has a key to the house in case of emergencies.

Joanne gave the key to firefighters who woke Pauline up after putting out the blaze.

Pauline said: "Joanne's brilliant, she's the best mate I could ever ask for.

"I'm so grateful, I can't thank everyone enough.

"To the fire brigade, police, all of my neighbours and my friends, just thank you."

Pauline normally goes to the pub on a Thursday night to watch her daughter, Georgia, play pool.

She stayed at home that evening because she wasn't feeling well.

Pauline said: "I don't know what I'd do without Georgia.

"She's my carer and her and her boyfriend have been great.

"My son was going to come out from work but Georgia said she would look after me."

Pauline has problems walking and normally uses a wheelchair. She also has hearing and mental health problems, and has been in remission from cancer for over five years.

Anyone with information about the incident should contact the Bolton North Neighbourhood Team.