BOLTON Wanderers fans who were arrested following a postponed clash with Lincoln City on Saturday have been condemned by the club.

The game was called off after heavy rain meant the pitch at Sincil Bank was waterlogged but some Whites fans had already travelled to Lincolnshire.

Police have since reported that several people associating themselves with the club were arrested in the wake of the postponement following "disorder" in the city.

The Anchor pub, a popular venue for Lincoln City fans, was forced to close on Saturday evening, and was later seen with boards over two front windows.

Officers also Tasered one man during the incident.

In a statement on Facebook, a spokesman for the pub said: "Due to what’s happened and still happening for the safety of our staff and customers we will not be opening tonight.

"We will be open at 10am tomorrow morning with bacon butties.

"Anyone that is out in town tonight take care of yourselves."

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police added: "We were called just after 1pm on Saturday, October 26, to reports of disorder involving several people at the Anchor pub in Lincoln.

"One man was tasered during the incident and a youth who was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and criminal damage has since been released under investigation.

"One man, 32, was also arrested on suspicion of assault in the straight and narrow and has been released under investigation. The victim sustained an ankle injury."

Responding to news of the arrests, a spokesman for the Bolton Wanderers said: "We have been made aware, by Greater Manchester Police, about a number of arrests involving people who associate themselves with Bolton Wanderers Football Club following disorder in Lincoln on Saturday.

“The incidents are being investigated and we would urge anybody who has information that may help with the investigation to get in touch with the police.

“Bolton Wanderers Football Club utterly deplores and condemns any disorder that is associated with us and where possible we will assist with the relevant authorities.”

The game was officially called off in an announcement just before 11am.