A PROMISING teenage boxer who was battling depression took his own life ­— just three weeks after police talked him down from the top of a multi-storey car park.

Mohammad Reza Ebadi-Farkoosh was found on the children’s play area of Thomasson Park in Halliwell in June this year after an evening out with friends.

The 17-year-old ­— known to pals as Ash ­— was a talented boxer with ‘lots of friends’ studying sports science at Bolton College and hoping to pursue physiotherapy at university.

Now his family want answers after an inquest heard he was not given any medication by medics following the car park incident.

A murder investigation was launched by police after his death ­— as Ash's bag which he had with him on that night was missing from the scene.

But the hearing was told his possessions had most likely been stolen by a member of the group which discovered the teenager’s body at 3am on June 23.

Ash had been struggling with his mental health, burdened with suicidal thoughts in the weeks leading up to his death, the inquest heard.

His brother Chan Farkoosh told the coroner that two police incidents changed him ­— and after being arrested in 2015 as part of a police investigation, his mental health began to spiral.

In a statement read out at the hearing, Mr Farkoosh said: “He was never really the same. He became withdrawn, he stopped going to the gym, he stopped boxing. He became very distracted.

“If there’s something that triggered him, it was that incident.”

Ash had been prescribed antidepressants, but had stopped taking them following the two police incidents.

At the beginning of June, he was found sitting at the top of a multi-storey car park with his legs dangling over the edge.

The police convinced him to seek medical help, but after going to A&E that evening he did not take up the offer of a follow up GP appointment, the inquest heard. Three weeks later, he took his own life.

His brother said: “If he was found on top of a building by police, he should not be made to wait with other sick people who have been prioritised for something else.

“He should have been put on medication straight away.”

Coroner Rachel Syed spoke of the horrifying situation faced by the family when Ash never returned from an evening with friends in Halliwell.

She said: “Very sadly, he did not come home, so he was reported missing by the family.

"A couple of hours later police attended their property and told them Ash had been found, passed away.”

A group of three men found Ash’s body near the climbing frame on Thomasson Park just after 3am.

A murder probe was launched ­— with the bag Ash was wearing on the night reported missing.

But it was later found at the address of Thomas Hulme — one of the men who found Ash’s body.

Mr Hulme himself died just seven days after Ash in a drug-related incident.

When the police were separately investigating Mr Hulme’s death, they discovered the bag.

Detective Inspector Andrew Fallows told the inquest that Mr Hulme had confessed the theft to friends.

He said: "It matched the bag carried by Ash. At a later point, Hulme had admitted stealing the property after finding Ash.”

The coroner concluded that Ash’s death was a result of suicide. Pathologist Dr Charles Wilson commented that his death was “unusual”, but recorded the medical cause of death as compression of the neck.

He said: “Based on all of the circumstances surrounding it, in my judgement, I think this is entirely consistent with a self-inflicted ligature.”

Ms Syed added: “To have lost such a young individual who had his entire life to look forward to, under these circumstances, is heartbreaking.

“I hope now the inquest is over that you can focus on all of the positive memories you have with Ash.”