A DANGEROUS driver who was caught while trying to flee police had sneaked into the country after TWICE being deported.

Danish born Yusuf Farah was thrown out of the UK in October 2015 after being sentenced to three and a half years in prison for drug dealing, affray and witness intimidation.

But Manchester Crown Court heard how, just four months later, he was arrested again, in the UK, for further drugs offences and returned to prison.

Andrew Mackintosh, prosecuting, said the Home Office attempted to deport him back to Denmark again in December 2016.

"This attempt failed due to a pilot refusing to carry the defendant because of his disruptive behaviour," said Mr Mackintosh.

He was finally deported the following month.

But, in a court hearing held by Skype video conferencing, Judge Graeme Smith was told that Farah sneaked back into the country again.

Just after midnight on September 26 last year police spotted a VW Passat on Derby Street, Bolton, and realised it was one they had stopped for having no insurance two weeks earlier.

The car was pulled over but then sped off again towards Moor Lane, careering through red lights at 60mph, driving on the wrong side of the road and causing other motorists to swerve out of the way.

Mr Mackintosh said the pursuit finally ended when Farah and his passenger abandoned the car in Valletts Lane, Halliwell, and ran off across fields.

Farah, aged 25, of no fixed address, was caught. He had £1,400 on him and packages, believed to contain drugs, were found nearby.

He pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, having no licence or insurance and breaching a deportation notice.

Mark Friend, defending, stressed that, although he was born in Denmark, Farah came to the UK as a young child with his parents and siblings and while the rest of his family has been granted leave to remain in the country, he has not.

"The defendant was sent back to Denmark. In fact it is a country with which he has no connection whatsoever, save for the fact that he was born there over two decades ago,"said Mr Friend.

"When he arrived him Denmark, he knew nobody. He had no family and he doesn't speak the language."

He added that Farah was homeless for a time.

"One might anticipate, in the context of that, the defendant was most anxious to return to the United Kingdom and rejoin his family and he did so," said Mr Friend.

"When the police stopped the vehicle, he knew that if the police were to arrest him, in all likelihood, he would be deported again."

He stressed that Farah's dangerous driving only lasted a couple of minutes and no one was injured.

Judge Graeme Smith sentenced Farah to 10 months in prison.

"You will have to serve half of that period in custody, thereafter you will be released on licence and under supervision if you are not deported," the judge told him.

Farah was banned from applying for a driving licence for 26 months after which he would have to taken an extended test.