A DEALER who flooded the streets with drugs is back behind bars again after he was caught stashing £5,600 of crack cocaine in a toilet.

Kasim Ahmed, who was given a seven year sentence for drug dealing just five years ago, was caught after police found the drugs hidden in the downstairs toilet at the his girlfriend's home in Crompton Gardens, Bolton, on February 6.

Now the 24-year-old has been jailed for five years after pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply cocaine as well as admitting a previous drug dealing offence in Bury, dangerous driving and handling a stolen £35,000 Audi A6.

In a hearing at Manchester Crown Court held via Skype video conferencing, Judge Timothy Stead heard how police had raided the Bolton property at 6am.

“A Tupperware container was found and inside the box was a quantity of white, rock-like substance wrapped in a plastic bag and in a box were some digital scales,” said Wayne Jackson, prosecuting.

At the time Ahmed was on bail for offences committed the previous year.

On January 28 last year a Vauxhall Corsa Ahmed was in was stopped by a police stinger near Clarence Park, Bury following a chase along Walmersley Road.

Ahmed was arrested and while he was being booked in at the police station a plastic bag dropped out of his trouser leg and a further bag, containing packets of brown powder was found near his backside. The drugs were cocaine and heroin, worth £330, and £460 in cash was also found on him.

Then, just after 10am on April 18 last year, Ahmed was spotted by police at the wheel of a Audi A6 which had been stolen several weeks earlier.

Ahmed, of Wolstenholme Avenue, Bury, overtook the unmarked police car on Wash Lane, Bury and passed several other cars before cutting left into Willow Street.

He failed to stop during the 50 second pursuit before crashing into a VW Golf taxi as he tried to turn into Cedar Street from Deal Street.

Brendan O’Leary, defending Ahmed, stressed that he had had a traumatic childhood and had self medicated with drugs but turned to dealing when he got into debt with his suppliers.

“On release from his last sentence he sought to better himself and moved to the Bolton area,” said Mr O’Leary, who added that Ahmed was beaten up when he tried to stop street dealing.

“As an alternative, they asked him to store drugs in bulk format.

“Since he has been in custody there have been further instances of violence where those he had been involved with have taken further retribution upon him. And there is, I am told, a social media video of him being beaten up in prison relatively recently.”

Sentencing Ahmed, Judge Stead criticised Ahmed for not staying out of trouble after his first arrests..

“Instead of taking the opportunity to show that you could make a decent restart for yourself you committed yet another offence,” he said.

“A substantial prison sentence has to be imposed.”

Ahmed was also banned from holding a driving licence for 54 months