Fire fighters attended a kitchen fire in the early hours of this morning.

Fire fighters from Bolton Central Fire Station were called to an incident in Park Road at 1:45am this morning, with three fire engines attending the scene.

The blaze was caused by cooking oil which caught fire on the hob in the property.

The fire fighters were able to deal with the incident quickly leaving by 2:30am, with only minor fire damage caused to the property.

Bolton Central Watch Manager, Martin Finch, commented that the tennants were "quite lucky" that the damage was kept to a minimum, thanks to their fire alarm alerting them to the fire early.

Mr Finch also said: "People need to be careful when using cooking oil at this sort of time.

"Damage was kept to a minimum thanks to their smoke alarm."