These criminals have all appeared before magistrates recently and admitted their guilt.

Drivers fined for no insurance

A MAN caught using a Vauxhall Astra without insurance on December 5 last year has been fined £660 plus £151 in costs and charges.

At Bolton Magistrates’ Court Dominic Byrne, aged 30, of Morris Green Lane, Bolton, committed the offence while driving on Derby Street, Bolton.

Colin Humphreys, aged 47, of The Pewfist, Westhoughton was also fined £150 for driving a Citroen Berlingo on Halsall Drive, Bolton,on December 2 last year without insurance or a licence.

He must also pay £117 in costs.


Woman had no driving licence

A WOMAN caught behind the wheel of a Vauxhall Corsa in James Street, Radcliffe, on November 19 last year without a licence has been fined £220 by Bolton magistrates.

The case against Ashlee Carter-Chalice, aged 27, of Victoria Street, Radcliffe was proved and she was also ordered to pay £117 in prosecution costs and charges.


Man fined after failing to name driver

A MAN who failed to name the driver of a Mercedes C220, suspected of committing an offence, to police, has been fined by Bolton magistrates.

George Porter, aged 52, of Hereford Crescent, Little Lever, was fined £600 plus £151 in costs and charges and six penalty points were added to his driving licence.


Shoplifter banned from wearing a wig

A SERIAL shoplifter who assaulted store staff has been banned from wearing a wig when entering any shop.

At Wigan Magistrates’ Court Natalie Belfield was jailed for 48 weeks.

Belfield was told: “You have offended for many years and the combination of all these offences can only mean the imposition of a al sentence.”

The court heard how Natalie Belfield, aged 34, of Harper Green Road, Farnworth, committed the offences in between October 26 last year and January 25 in order to feed a drug addiction.

Belfield stole gift sets, confectionary, a turkey crown and other items from Asda, Iceland, Hame Bargains and several other stores in Farnworth.

She pleaded guilty to nine counts of theft and two charges of assault and was ordered to pay her assault victims a total of £100 in compensation.

The court also made a criminal behaviour order which bans Belfield from Farnworth town centre shops or Tesco on Longcauseway, Farnworth for two years and also makes it an offence for her to possess or wear a wig when entering any store.


Man damaged bannister

A MAN who damaged a woman’s bannister has been ordered to pay her £75 in compensation.

Gary Jones, aged 39, of Adrian Road, Bolton, pleaded guilty to committing criminal damage on June 18 when he appeared before Manchester magistrates.

He must also pay £85 towards prosecution costs and a restraining order was made banning him from contacting his victim or going to Washacre, Westhoughton.


Dangerous driver is tagged

A MAN caught driving a VW Golf dangerously on Blackburn Road, Bolton, on June 20 has been electronically tagged.

At Wigan and Leigh Magistrates’ Court Adam Ross, aged 27, of Daisy Street, Bolton, pleaded guilty to committing the offence and having no licence or insurance.

Ross is due to be sentenced for the offences on July 20 at Bolton Crown Court but, in the meantime, was granted bail on condition that he wear an electronic tag and is subject to a 7pm to 7am curfew at his home address.

An interim disqualification was also made banning him from driving or applying for a licence.


Drink driver caught twice

A MAN was caught drink driving by police twice within five days.

Wigan and Leigh Magistrates’ Court heard how 45-year-old Craig Openshaw was first stopped while driving a Peugeot 206 on Fairclough Street, Little Lever on June 4.

Tests revealed that he was over the drink drive limit. In addition Openshaw had no licence or insurance to drive the vehicle.

The court heard that five days later Openshaw, of Cecilia Street, Bolton, was again caught drink driving and without a licence or insurance.

This time he was in a Vauxhall Corsa on Derby Street and had 60 microgrammes of alcohol in his breath. Openshaw, who pleaded guilty, has now been suspended from his role as a carer for a child.

He pleaded guilty to committing the offences and was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison suspended for 18 months.

In addition he was ordered to undertake 100 hours of unpaid work, participate in rehabilitation activities for 20 days and a drink impaired drivers’ programme. He must pay £213 in costs and charges and was banned from applying for a driving licence for four years.


Assault man damaged handbag

MAGISTRATES have ordered a man to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work after ha assaulted a woman and damaged her handbag.

At Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court Julien Kirkpatrick, aged 43, of Buckley Lane, Farnworth initially denied committing the offences on March 21, but then changed his plea to guilty.

Kirkpatrick was sentenced to a community order and will have to complete the unpaid work within 12 months.

He must also pay a £95 victim surcharge and £85 towards prosecution costs.


Jailed for breaching order

A MAN has been jailed for 14 days after he repeatedly contacted a woman in breach of a domestic violence protection order.

At Manchester Magistrates’ Court Robert Kitson, aged 35, of Parkinson Street, Bolton, admitted committing the latest breach of the order on June 18.


Curfew after assaults

MAGISTRATES sentenced Steven Jackson, aged 30, of South View Street, Bolton, to a 12 week, 7pm to 7am curfew after he admitted assaulting two women on June 16.

Jackson must also have treatment for alcohol addiction and participate in a better relationships programme as well as paying £100 compensation plus £180 in costs.

A restraining order was made banning him from contacting his victim or going to Crossdale Road, Breightmet.


Drunken thug bit woman during attack

A DRUNKEN thug who bit a woman during an assault on her has been jailed for four months.

William Heaney, aged 32, of Wellington Road, Bolton, had initially denied committing the offence on June 23, but at Wigan Magistrates’ Court, changed his plea to guilty.

He also admitted breaching his bail conditions by contacting the woman. A restraining order was made banning him from getting in touch with her.


Jailed after order breach

A MAN who repeatedly contacted a woman in breach of a restraining order has been jailed for 18 weeks by Manchester Magistrates’ Court.

Keith Baines, aged 59, of Viking Street, Bolton, was already subject to a suspended prison sentence for getting in touch with the woman when he committed the offence again on May 23 and between June 15 and 22. In addition to prison, Baines was ordered to pay a £128 surcharge.