A JURY has convicted two men of murdering tragic Walkden mum Michelle Pearson three years after they were also found guilty of murdering her four children in a horrific petrol bomb attack.

Michelle died 20 months after a devastating fire at her home in Jackson Street just before 5am on December 11, 2017.

Four of her children, daughters Demi, aged 15, Lacie, aged seven, Lia, aged three and eight-year-old son Brandon died following the blaze.

Michelle survived the fire but was severely injured and suffered 65 per cent burns on her body.

At Manchester Crown Court Zak Bolland, aged 25 and David Worrall, aged 28, have been now been found guilty of her murder after denying committing the offence.

Jurors were told that that Bolland and Worrall were already convicted of the murders of Michelle's four children in a trial in May 2018.

Ms Pearson died three months later on August 25, 2019 at the age of 37.

Tensions first had first arisen between Bolland and the Pearsons after Bolland's blue Peugeot was set on fire at the end of November 2017.

Bolland blamed Kyle for the incident and demanded £500 to compensate him for the damage, but he denied being involved in the incident.

A "tit for tat" feud began between Bolland and Kyle - son of Ms Pearson - who survived the fire that night - Paul Reid QC, prosecuting,said.

On one occasion, Bolland was seen smashing the Pearsons' front windows while children were in the living room.

In return, Kyle Pearson went to Bolland's family home on Blackleach Drive with some friends and smashed windows.

In a recorded interview played to the jury, Kyle said Bolland, his girlfriend Courtney Brierley and other occupants along with a dog came out the house and a five-minute brawl with weapons took place. Kyle said police were watching the incident unfold from a vehicle and labelled the incident "tit for tat".

Days before the house fire, a wheelie bin was set alight outside the Pearsons' home and the words "grass" was spray-painted at the property.

In return, graffiti calling Bolland a "nonce" and a "grass" was spray-painted across Walkden.

Kyle Pearson said he did not know who was responsible for carrying out the graffiti but that he was blamed for it.

Reports were made to the police about the various incidents that happened.

In the early hours of December 11, 2017 Bolland and others had initially knocked on the Pearson home at around 12.30am in which Michelle answered and was threatened by him.

But later on, he returned to the back of the address, just before 5am, with Worrall.

CCTV footage played in court showed them lifting up a fence and approaching the home.

Bright flashes were seen shortly after, the result of the petrol bombs exploding.

They were then seen running away from the home.

Shortly before the trial Courtney Brierley, aged 23, who was Bolland's girlfriend, pleaded guilty to ther manslaughter of Michelle.

All three defendants are due to be sentenced on April 21

SPeaking after the verdicts DCI Cheryl Chatterton, from GMP's Major Investigation Team, said: "This was a heartbreaking case and I'm glad that Bolland and Worrall have now faced justice for the devastating death of Michelle too - 20 months on.

"The bravery shown by the family and those affected has been outstanding - they have shown so much strength throughout both of our investigations.

"Bolland and Worral planned this attack and threw their handmade petrol bombs inside. The fire spread so quickly and the heat was so intense that the smoke alarms melted before they even had a chance to sound.

"That night in 2018 rocked the community and has turned the family's life upside down. Nothing can bring Michelle and the children back but I hope they can now be given time to grieve and come to terms with what has happened.

"All of our thoughts are with the family who have been through such a difficult time and have had to sit through two trials and listen to details on what was a horrific and planned attack."