A ROUND-UP of cases dealt with by magistrates recently

MAGISTRATES have jailed a man for eight weeks after he damaged a woman’s window on March 14. At the time Lee Mitchell, aged 27, of Grendon Street, Morris Green, was subject to a suspended prison sentence for breaching a restraining order. He pleaded guilty to criminal damage and was ordered to pay his victim £150 in compensation. “The offence is so serious because the defendant has a flagrant disregard for people and their property,” stated the magistrates.

KRISTOPHER Ankers, aged 38, of Church Road, Kearsley, admitted resisting a police officer on April 7 and has been sentenced to a conditional discharge for six months.

A MAN who was drunk in charge of a young child on August 7 last year has been fined £50. Francis Kenna, aged 42, of Victory Street, Bolton, admitted committing the offence in Fitzwarren Street, Salford. He was also ordered to participate in 30 days of rehabilitation activities

A VAN driver whose vehicle had an illegally worn tyre has been fined £220. Scott Hughes, aged 30, of Johnson Fold Avenue, Bolton, was caught using the Ford Transit van on Derby Street, Bolton, on October 5 last year.

MAGISTRATES have fined a man £519 after he was convicted of assaulting a woman on August 13 last year. Neil Thompson, aged 26, of Chorley Road, Westhoughton, had denied committing the offence but was convicted following a trial.

A WOMAN who assaulted a police officer has been sentenced to a conditional discharge for six months. Leah Partington, aged 43, of Bank Lane, Little Hulton, initially denied committing the offence on December 2, 2019, but then changed her plea to guilty. She was ordered to pay her victim £50 in compensation.

A MAN who stalked a woman for two months, repeatedly turning up at her and her mother’s homes and posting notebooks through letter boxes, has been handed a suspended prison sentence. Anthony Eyres, aged 27, of Green Way, Bolton, admitted stalking the woman between December last year and February. He also pleaded guilty to being in a public place with an American military-style knife on February 11. Eyres was sentenced to 26 weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months during which he must participate in 35 days of rehabilitation activities. His knife was forfeited and destroyed and a restraining order was made.

MAGISTRATES have jailed a driver for 12 weeks after he flouted a driving ban. Tazeem Saqib was caught driving a BMW on Halliwell Road, Bolton, on April 16. Saqib, aged 39, of Castle Street, Bolton, pleaded guilty to driving whilst disqualified. He was told that the case is so serious because he has shown a “blatant disregard for traffic law” and has previously committed the same offences. He was banned from applying for a driving licence for a further 18 months.

MAGISTRATES have fined a man £200 after he was found at an address in breach of coronavirus regulations. Denas Sinkevicius, aged 28, of Monks Lane, Breightmet, admitted being at a house in Beechwood Street, Bolton, with another person on September 25 last year.

MAGISTRATES have fined a man £660 after he failed to name the driver of a VW Passat to police on November 18, 2019. The case against Kabir Virmani, aged 27, of Neasden Grove, Bolton, was proved.