A FIRE broke out near in Bolton town centre close to the Market Place shopping centre yesterday evening.

The blaze was reported on Bark Street, at a commercial premises opposite Bolton Deaf Society on Tuesday September 14.

Firefighters arrived on the scene at around 6pm to tackle the blaze.

A Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At approximately 6pm on Tuesday, 14th September, three fire engines from Bolton Central and Bolton North stations were called to a fire at a commercial property on Bark Street, in Bolton.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels, a positive pressure ventilation unit and a gas monitor to extinguish the fire.

"Fire crews were in attendance for around an hour."

No injuries have been reported.