Schoolboy Reece Tansey was told he was going to get 'smashed up' before suffering fatal knife wounds, a jury has been told.

Harper Green School pupil Reece, 15, and the two defendants, also both aged 15, who cannot be named for legal reason, exchanged a number of calls and messages on social media in the lead up to them all meeting just before 4.30am at the junction of Bradford Road and Walker Avenue on May 4.

A jury at Manchester Crown Court was shown harrowing CCTV footage from Walker Avenue of Reece running from Boy A and B, before a few 'coming togethers'.

Day three of a murder trial heard how Reece set off to meet the defendants, initially believing he was being joined by a friend, but that his friend did not join him.

Mark Ford QC, prosecuting, and Natalie Leftwich, a major incident analyst who works alongside a police investigation team, giving evidence, said that messages were exchanged between Reece and his friend, who was now telling Reece he would not be joining him to meet Boy A and B.

Ms Leftwich said that "Reece is saying he's scared" in these messages to his friend.

Reece sets off to meet the defendants and after this sends messages to defendants and others saying: "I'm having a 2v1 you know. Going to scrap. You lot are sleeping while I'm having a scrap."

"I ain't getting called [soft] for not coming," Reece also says to friends.

CCTV was then shown to the court by Stuart Hynes, an investigative support officer responsible for recovering and viewing CCTV, tracking the movements of the defendants and Reece.

Boy A and B were shown meeting on Plodder Lane, travelling west before turning north and travelling up Bradford Road just after 4am.

At 4.05am they are seen on a private camera on a house walking up Bradford Road.

This camera also picks up audio of Boy B on the phone to Reece saying: "You goon, I'm going to record you getting smashed up."

CCTV footage from Walker Avenue then shows the boys standing together, before Reece runs away from the boys. This is followed by the first 'coming together' between Reece and Boy A, which he manages to escape, before a further coming together where Reece is on the floor in the middle of the road.

"There are three comings together where blows (with a knife) could have been inflicted?" Mr Ford asks of the footage shown of the incident from Walker Avenue.

"Yes," responds Mr Hynes.

"I can hear a cry consistent with a possible strike," Mr Hynes adds.

Boy A admits he stabbed Reece but claims he did not intend to kill or seriously hurt him, while Boy B alleges that he did not know his friend had a knife.

The trial, being presided over by Judge Mrs Justice Farbey, continues.