Two fires broke out in Radcliffe last night, Tuesday.

Firefighters from Bolton attended the blaze involving a skip at a commercial premises on Vale Street in Radcliffe just after 10.30am.

Firefighters were there for around an hour.

A fire service spokesman said: “At 10.31pm, Bolton North Fire Station attended an unattended skip fire at the rear of commercial premises at the top of Vale Street in Radcliffe.

The Bolton News: Vale Street in Radcliffe. Image: Google MapsVale Street in Radcliffe. Image: Google Maps

“Crew had difficulty condensing the site and it took about an hour to extinguish the fire.

“The skip was left unattended.”

Bolton North Fire Station added there is a public footpath running along the side of the premises.

The Bolton News: The entrance to King George Playing Fields in RadcliffeThe entrance to King George Playing Fields in Radcliffe

Then, in the early hours of this morning, Wednesday, Whitefield Fire Station attended another bin fire, this time at King George Playing Fields off Outwood Road in Radcliffe.

Crew manager Conu of Whitefield Fire Station reported that a wheelie bin had been set on fire at around 1.30am to 2am today, Wednesday.

One fire engine attended, with crews being there for approximately 20 minutes, using one hose reel in the process.

The causes of the fires have not been reported and no-one was injured in either of the incidents.

If you see a fire, call 999 and ask for the fire service.