A full inquest is set to be held to establish the facts around the tragic death of a baby girl from Bolton.

Louella Sheridan, from Farnworth, was just two months old when she died at Royal Bolton Hospital on April 24.

Since then, Bolton Coroners Court heard how parents Casey Quigley and Granville Sheridan have raised a number of concerns about their daughter’s care.

Setting a date over three days from March 27, Coroner John Pollard sitting at Bolton Coroners Court said the sad circumstances meant that it would take longer than a day to reach a conclusion into the death of two-month-old Louella.

Her parents will be represented by JMW solicitors firm with Rachel Heyes and barrister Louise Green.

Questions were raised over over the hospital alarm system monitoring patients.

Ms Green said: “I raise the issue of perhaps the manufacturer of the alarm system as an interested person, as to why did none of the alarms sounded?”

Mr Pollard recognised this request and said it would be discussed in full at the date next year.

The pre-inquest review heard that Bolton NHS Foundation Trust had undertaken a ‘serious incident investigation leading up to Louella’s death.’ Mr Pollard said that all nurses and doctors will need to provide statements during the hearing, including Melanie Newbald, who undertook the post-mortem examination of Louella.

Ms Green called for more records to be provided during the full inquest.

She said: “The clinical observations obtained were only 18 pages long but must be more.

“They don’t seem to have obtained medical charts or community nurse records.”

Dr Anna Power of Bolton Royal Hospital will also give evidence along with community nurses based in Bolton and Manchester Children’s Hospital and Alder Hey will provide statements.

The Bolton News has previously reported Louella had a heart condition and had undergone surgery at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool shortly after her birth and was discharged on March 15.

Louella was taken to the Minerva Road hospital for treatment in an ambulance after a nurse visited and found her unwell, working hard to breathe.

Representing the family, solicitor Ms Heyes said previously: “This is a heart-breaking case and I will be fully co-operating with the coroner to ensure no stone is left unturned in finding out how and why Louella died.”