Pictures show the aftermath of a devastating fire that shut a restaurant yesterday (Monday March 7).

The popular restaurant Beefalo Meat House on Blackburn Road, Astley Bridge,  is currently shut after a fire broke out just after  11am.

Firefighters stayed on the scene until 6pm before handing over the incident to the investigation unit.

Police were also called to manage traffic.

The restaurant has since suffered extensive damage to its roof, after the fire broke out at the back of the restaurant.

Station Manager for Bolton North Fire Station/Horwich Fire Station, Ady Taylor said: “It seems to be an accidental fire, and we are still unsure as to how it started.

The Bolton News:

“We managed to contain the fire around the roof area and stopped it from spreading any further.

“We also made sure everyone was out and that there was nothing left in the building.

“They were also in the middle of a revamp, so hopefully they can get back to normal.

“It’s such a shame really.

“The owners were in attendance and were devastated.”

Mr Taylor also says that the fire crews worked really well with the owners to tackle the blaze, which was well developed.

The fire was tackled by using five fire appliances and one specialist hydraulic platform to target the fire from above.

The investigation is currently ongoing.

Beefalo Meat House is known for its fine dining experience, which offers a £150 golden steak.

The restaurant now remains closed until further notice.

Nobody has been reported injured in the fire.

Beefalo Meat House was due to host a Turkey Donation Appeal night from 4pm to 10pm last night, raising money for Turkey and Syria’s earthquake victims.

Many of the staff working at the restaurant are from Turkey and have family there.

If you have a story and something you would like to highlight in the community, please email me at or DM me on Twitter @JournoJasmine.