Fire crews tackled a chimney fire in Breightmet at the weekend.

The fire broke out on Saturday at around 10.30am and crews from Bolton North and Farnworth stayed for around an hour to make the area safe.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: “At 10.30am on Saturday (November 18) two fire engines from Bolton North and Farnworth fire stations attended a fire in the chimney of a semi-detached house on Ashley Avenue, Bolton.

Read our top stories below:

“Firefighters to extinguish the fire and make the scene safe.

“Crews were in attendance for one hour.”

The Bolton News:

An eyewitness says that he was working in the area when he saw the fire services and a crowd gather round.

He said: “I saw the fire brigade arrive and everyone was outside.

The fire brigade from Farnworth attended and dowsed the chimney with as small amount of water to extinguish the fire.”

If you have a story and something you would like to highlight in the community, please email me at or DM me on Twitter @JournoJasmine.